Munitions manufacturing and Quality engineering support experience is a must.
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial processes, materials and products
- Provide direct Quality Engineering Support for the business unit to assure product quality, improve processes and assure that required documentation and practices meet the customers requirements and Quality system requirements.
- Recommend, prioritize and lead proactive continuous improvement projects for the business unit to optimize defect prevention and to improve process capability, stability and reliability to ensure products are produced which meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Responsible for corrective and preventative action plans using structured problem solving.
- Maintain product Quality metrics for business unit
- Perform customer and quality reporting.
- Interact with the internal and select external customers.
- Communicate quality issues throughout the business unit.
- Represent the customers' perspective on quality issues for the business unit.
- Respond to customer requests for action and report utilizing a team approach.
- Lead the Advanced Quality Planning activities with the business unit utilizing FMEA, Control Plans, ect
- Review customer requirements (TDPLs and Specifications) and changes (EDPs-Contract Modifications) and provide input to the Configuration Control process to ensure customer requirements are totally and accurately translated into the business unit SOPs.
- Support Engineering in gage design, review and approval.
- Team development (Quality Engineers) and ensuring accuracy of all deliverables from the group such as but not limited to CDRL(s)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have an intimate knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and procedures of ISO Quality Systems and continuous improvement tools such as DOEs, SPC, FMEA, and Control Plans.
- Attention to detail and knowledge of preparing CDRL documents for government programs/contracts.
STEM Bachelor's Degree - Quality or Engineering Preferred
ASQ Quality Engineer, Auditor, or Manager is preferred
Experience in munitions manufacturing environment is required
15 Years Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality engineering support: 10 years (Required)
- munitions manufacturing: 10 years (Required)
- Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL): 10 years (Required)
- continuous improvement tools -FMEA, SPC, DOEs, Control Plans: 10 years (Required)
- ISO Quality Systems principles, practices and procedures: 10 years (Required)
- ASQ (Engineer, Auditor or Manager): 10 years (Preferred)
- Texarkana, TX (Preferred)
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (Preferred)