Position Summary and Dimensions of Nursing Practice :
Provides safe efficient age specific nursing care to patients families using the nursing process in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and sustain optimal health status. Dimensions are:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care.
- Demonstrates technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes.
- Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations.
- Develops self and contributes to the professional practice of nursing.
- Displays leadership that influences optimal clinical and operational outcomes. Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of nursing
process and practice.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a
licensed RN required.
- 1 year of nursing experience in
the Emergency Department or another critical care unit strongly preferred.
Special Skills & Equipment
- Uses a wide variety of technical
equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies (ie. stethoscopes,
thermometers, sphygmomanometers and electronic monitoring devices.
- Diploma in Nursing or an Associate
in Science Degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program; BSN
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification
(i.e. RN, RRT):
- Registered Nurse with current
license to practice in the state of Ohio.
- Current BLS Provider Certification,
issued by the American Heart Association, must be obtained during Nursing
For external candidates:
Experienced nurses with Associate
Degrees/Diploma in Nursing will commit at the time of hire to complete a
Bachelor’s of Science Degree (BSN) or higher in nursing within 5 years of hire.