This position is NOT JUST A JOB, but more your PASSION -to help others and make a difference in the lives of impoverished women and children in Guatemala. We seek a Social Entrepreneur -a person who uses their initiative and innovation to create a business intended to transform the lives of others. You will use your knowledge of business and sales practices to innovate a sustainable organization capable of achieving social change for Mayan artisans and other impoverished people in Guatemala.
Miracles in Action buys handicrafts and jewelry made by artisans in Guatemala’s “cottage industry” and we pay their asking price or more. Our “Beyond Beads” program helps artisans to earn an income from home to feed and educate their children. We go “beyond” by providing water filters, solar lamps, school supplies for their children, and holding workshops on nutrition, women empowerment, and family health. Additional proceeds cover the charity’s operating expenses. A win, win, win business.
Our team holds handicraft sales events and decorates the tables with attractive beaded jewelry and woven textile products, so beautiful and inexpensive, that they sell themselves. Staff and volunteers working the event need only tell customers the story of the artisans who make the products and the impact of Miracles in Action in their lives. Customers buy more because they are “feel good purchases”.
Miracles in Action is a small, secular charity where you will wear many hats, doing a variety of activities that keep the work interesting, dynamic and at a fast pace without a lot of red tape. We are a passionate team of caring/giving people who find this work fun and rewarding, not just a job. Smiles from the artisans and knowing you have made a difference are bonuses without a price tag.
PRIMARY ROLE? This position manages sales and orders of handicrafts/jewelry - wholesale, retail, and online. The manager promotes/expands sales and our social impact via social media, promo pieces, video, website, networking, follow up sales visits/email, etc.
- 3 years successful experience in business/management/sales/marketing or proven entrepreneurial or non-profit charity experience.
- Background security check is required. Drug/alcohol testing maybe required.
- Non-compete agreement must be signed, where the employee cannot enter in to or start a similar business in the US for two years after separation.
- Lives within 15-20 miles from Naples office. Or willing to relocate to Naples, FL.
- 3 year commitment or longer, if mutually beneficial. Rewards for longevity after 3 years.
- Marketing/Communications degree preferred.
- Strong computer/internet skills in Word, Excel, graphic design (Canva), simple photo editing, update website, social media...
- Organized and detail oriented. Prioritizes and effectively manages time and resources.
- Able to understand Spanish-English email communications. If not bilingual, use translation sites.
- Opportunity to work in our home office on a beautiful lake in sunny Naples, FL.
- Opportunity to use your knowledge and initiative of business practices to innovate a sustainable organization capable of making a difference in the world (Guatemala and further).
- Competitive full-time salary $40,000 annually with commissions on new sales. Medical benefits negotiable.
- 17 PTO days (vacation/sick), accrues after 3 months employment, and increases with length of employment. 11 paid holidays. Flexible schedule.
- After 6-9 months travel/visit to Guatemala.
- Mileage reimbursement, over the miles commuted to/from NaplesOffice - home
- 3-month probationary period. Temporary housing available for 3-4 months if relocating.
Cover letter to include:
1. Why are you interested? 2. What are you passionate about? 3.How are you a capable, innovative social entrepreneur? 4. What makes you a successful sales professional? 5. Tells us about your website and computer skills to manage online sales. 6. Why leaving your current position or looking? 7. Salary history of last two positions? 8. How far you live from zip code 34112or willingness to relocate?
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $40,000.00 /year
Company's Facebook page: