Catapult Learning is a leading provider of contracted educational services to schools and districts nationwide. We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide successful, research based instructional systems, great teaching, excellent support services, and strong partnerships with the schools we serve across the US.
Catapult Learning is in search of a full-time Concentrated Coaching Specialist in Dutchess and Putnam counties, NY to provide instructional support and expertise to professionally develop teachers in a K-12 setting. This role aims to drive program outcomes in three key areas:
* Group/Individual instructional coaching
* Professional development design and implementation
* Thought partnership with school leaders and administration
As a Concentrated Coaching Specialist, this individual will have the opportunity to work with and professionally develop alongside other education professionals at Catapult Learning to promote strong instructional practices across the entire team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
* Provides coaching experiences for teachers, including review of lesson delivery, providing feedback, and modeling demo lessons
* Develops/curates quality instructional resources to share with teachers, including lesson plans, unit plants, and assessments
* Helps plan, conduct and/or facilitate meetings or workshops
* Continues own learning through research and self-driven PD to stay current of latest trends in education
* Models the integration of technology in all curriculum areas.
* Maintains open communication with supported teachers to nurture a professional learning community of educators
* Disaggregates, analyzes, and interprets test data, and assists in its interpretation to determine instructional needs for school improvement
* Communicates actively with key stakeholders, including school leaders and district partners, on the progress of service and to identify future service needs
* Provides reporting documentation of services delivered, as required
* Performs other duties as assigned which relate to the instructional area of expertise
* Advanced degree in Education or related field preferred
* 2+ years of work experience coaching teachers in a K-12 setting
* Expert in a concentrated content area (math, ELA, etc.)
* Record of result in effectively coaching teachers
* Experience designing and delivering professional development for adults
* Experience working in blended learning classrooms is a plus
* Excellent communication skills are essential
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS: Commitment to a full 8-hour workday and local traveling is required.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS: Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs/activities are in school settings
Job Type: Full-time