Neopolitan Lighthouse is a not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive domestic violence support services for victims of abuse and their children. The agency has been in operation since 1984, and has served approximately 40,000 women, men, and children in need since its inception.
Neopolitan Lighthouse is seeking an Accounting Manager to assist the agency with creating and managing financial records, assessing the agency’s fiscal operations, and ensuring that the agency’s Board-approved fiscal policies and procedures are carried out. The Accounting Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for fulfilling the following duties and responsibilities:
- Document all financial transactions and allocate revenues and expenditures to the proper cost center based upon Board of Directors approved Cost Allocation Plan, Spending Plans, and funders approved budgets.
- Post payroll checks to the automated accounting system (currently Sage 50 Accounting) through Payroll Entriesprepared from reports submitted by Neopolitan Lighthouse’s outside payroll preparation service.
- Post all vendor invoices, bills, and statements, and prepare vendor checks on a weekly basis. Post all manual checksand prepare a Cash Disbursement Journal on a monthly basis.
- Post all cash receipts on a weekly basis and prepare a Cash Receipts Journal on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) on a monthly basis. Said financial statements shall include a Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Revenues and Expenditures, and a Statement of Net Assets.
- Prepare a complete set of Books of Account on a monthly basis. Said Books of Account shall include a General Ledger, Trial Balance, General Journal, Cash Receipts Journal, Cash Disbursement Journal, Payroll Journal, and Bank Reconciliation Reports.
- Prepare Program Activities Report on a monthly basis. Said reports shall compare actual revenues and expenditures for each program grant to budgeted amounts, and show variances for each line item. Prepare Program Activities Reports for submission to funding agencies as required.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Reimbursement Vouchers as required by funders.
- Post all required documents to funders’ websites in a timely manner.
- Prepare all required reports and documentation for annual financial audit and assist the agency’s audit firm as necessary to successfully complete the audit.
- Prepare annual operating budgets, program budgets, requests for funding, and spending plans as required by funders while working closely with the Executive Director.
- Must assist in preparing Annual Budgets, preparing for annual financial audits, and any other activities required by the Executive Director.
This position requires a minimum of a BA in Accounting with prior accounting experience. No less than three years of experience is required. Hourly wage ranges from $30.00 - $35.00 per hour with 16 – 24 hours to be worked per week.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time: