Merlin’s Magic Wand Foundation understands that every child deserves to laugh and smile. Many children miss out on these experiences due to life circumstances. The Foundation makes fun accessible to children and their families who are challenged with a serious illness, disability, or adversity through three magic spells:
- “Magical Days Out”- providing tickets and travel grants for families to enjoy a day out to a Merlin Entertainments attractions such as: LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND® Discovery Centers, SEA LIFE Centers, Madame Tussauds, and many others around the globe.
- “Merlin’s Magic Spaces” - designing and creating uniquely themed treatment rooms for children to enjoy at hospitals, therapy centers, and other charity partner sites.
- “Magic On Tour”- taking the magic to the children in hospitals with visits from a costume character, celebrity wax figure, or a Master Model Builder.
Merlin’s Magic Wand Foundation (USA) has provided close to 150,000 tickets to children since 2013 and completed eight Merlin’s Magic Spaces in the USA with more projects in the pipeline. For more information or to learn how you can help bring memorable experiences to children, visit: www.merlinsmagicwand.org/usa
Merlin's Magic Wand Foundation is a Public Charity and a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
The Marketing Coordinator for Merlin’s Magic Wand USA will assist in creating relevant, high-quality content that communicates the charity’s brand and mission in order to support growth. Overall objective is to increase external and internal awareness in the communities where Merlin Entertainments has an attraction and provide general administrative support to the Operations Manager.
Background and Experience:
- Working with UK Charity team on consistent messaging, assist in creating external and internal communication pieces (newsletter, impact infographics, video etc.)
- Research and help design a comprehensive Marketing/PR strategy to increase both applications through charity website and new revenue streams.
- Using Google analytics, track ROI and impact on advertising posts.
- Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all social media channels as the job consists of daily online interaction, updating website with relevant media materials.
- Provide social media calendar and responses on social media. (ie: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and blogs).
- Monitor and benchmark the competition keeping up with best practices.
- Set up and maintain a donor tracking system similar to a CRM, to ensure proper donor stewardship and communication of the charity’s impact.
- Provide Charity Champion support for Magic on Tour and Fun Festival events, communicate fundraising ideas and top tips, and follow up on ticket inquiries.
- Order, track and ship marketing and fundraising collateral requests as needed.
- Provide fundraising event support at an administrative level; sending out invitations, guest and sponsor communications, updating event website, silent auction prize acquisitions, sending donor appreciation letters, and follow up on miscellaneous details as needed.
- Track KPI and Wizard Wants to Know ratings and help identify ways to increase Merlin Entertainments staff engagement.
- General administrative duties may include: photocopy, filing, general correspondence.
- Requires at least two years of experience in Marketing, preferably in the non-profit, tourism, entertainment or attractions industry.
- Requires strong social media expertise, creative visual intelligence to ensure graphics are visually appealing to accompany posts, and graphic design (intermediate level Photoshop and Adobe Premiere knowledge) to create engaging posts and marketing collateral. Digital editing skills are preferred.
- Requires excellent people skills, including strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build and maintain positive and supportive working relationships, and excellent customer service skills.
- This person must be able to multi-task and prioritize effectively. Person must be flexible, adaptable, responsive, and able to work effectively with multiple priorities and diverse work styles.
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to set-up, automate and track contacts, data and information required.
- Computer proficiency with ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), desktop publishing software, and strong knowledge of Internet research is required.
A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is preferred.
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time to attend on-site and off-site meetings.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
- Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities.
- Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Other Job Requirements:
- Able to sit or stand for extended period of time.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends for special events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
3201 Lionshead Ave
Carlsbad, California, 92010