The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) is the county’s primary transportation agency. OCTA creates, funds, and delivers efficient transportation for Orange County. We keep Orange County moving with extensive bus and paratransit service, Metrolink commuter rail service, the 91 Express Lanes Toll Road, motorist services and freeway, street and road improvement projects. OCTA began in in 1991 with the consolidation of seven separate transportation agencies. OCTA is dedicated to its organizational mission and core values. OCTA’s mission is to develop and deliver transportation solutions to enhance quality of life and keep Orange County moving. OCTA’s core values consist of integrity, teamwork, communication, customer focus, and can-do spirit.
Under direct supervision, the individual will be responsible for supporting all major department projects such as: development of the annual budget, development of the comprehensive business plan, quarterly variance analysis, funding analysis and processing, requisition and transfer processing, ad hoc modeling, and ad hoc analysis.
This is a non-exempt position in Salary Grade M: Min $25.59 – Mid $31.72 – Max $ 37.84 per hour. The starting salary will be within this range based on qualifications.
The application deadline for this position is Friday, May 25, 2018.
This list is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not designed to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
- Collects and summarizes data for reports.
- Develops ad hoc models and reports.
- Conducts financial analysis for divisions, programs, and projects.
- Assists with the development of reports and presentations for management review.
- Assists in developing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, mathematics, statistics, economics, or related discipline. Related experience preferred.
- Microsoft Excel including familiarity with pivot tables, lookup functions, sum if statements, and other related program functions.
- Microsoft ACCESS and PowerPoint.
- Corporate finance and accounting principles.
- Cost-benefit and sensitivity analysis models.
Working Conditions/Physical Activities:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. OCTA provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Interpret an extensive variety of instructions in verbal, written or diagram form while understanding the nuances of the request.
- Efficiently define problems, collect data, develop thorough and intuitive analysis, then draw and communicate reasonable, accurate, and defensible conclusions.
- Perform financial analysis utilizing Excel.
- Work autonomously after receiving clear directions.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and develop presentations.
- Establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Work with confidential information and exercise appropriate discretion.
- Pay close attention to detail and possess an aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Candidates must possess strong analytical, organizational, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
Positions in this class typically require:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
- Positions in this class typically require: Reaching, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, and Repetitive Motions in computer use.
OCTA offers an attractive compensation and benefits package. The specific features of this package include: medical, dental and vision insurance; retirement; vacation and holiday pay; life insurance; deferred compensation plan; short-term and long-term disability plans; flexible spending accounts; educational reimbursement; ergonomic/wellness programs; flex-time schedule. Salary is dependent upon qualifications.
OCTA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.