BlueStar Refreshment Services is Silicon Valley's premiere provider of coffee and snack services for the office and corporate events. We are your complete refreshment specialist!
The Director of Human Resourcesmust be a strong leader and is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of BlueStar, the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. This individual will also be responsible for innovative and strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
- Develop the human side of the business to align strategically with BlueStar’s goals and vision.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance fitting the industry.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the software industry.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective leader, listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, FMLA, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
- Coordinates the activities, programs and strategic HR plans of other HR departments throughout the corporation.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
- Manages other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- Assists in the coordination and management of the safety program within BlueStar along with the workers’ compensation issues that may arise.
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- HR Expertise
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. These positions may include any or all of the following: HR Generalist, Recruiter, Safety Coordinator, HR Support for specific areas in the company.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work may be necessary at times.
This position requires minimal travel.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum, 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Appropriate industry experience a plus.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We will reward you with a competitive compensation package, including full benefits. If you want to join an organization that wants to expand its horizon and penetrate untapped markets, and if you have a strong drive for success, we want to speak to you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)