VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Symantec Data Loss Prevention SME to support the Symantec effort in New York City, NY.
Supporting Health Care customer in New York City, NY. Support Customer leadership and technicians for Symantec security products (Vontu/Symantec DLP).
will have to travel to Manhattan New York City and the remainder of the work will be remote
Dependent upon experience
within 30 days
Include supporting the following efforts:
Assist in the hands-on implementation of multiple DLP solutions.
Provide DLP subject matter expertise and thought leadership as an extended member of a customer team.
Provide guidance, recommendations, best practices, etc. for DLP operations.
Stabilize and optimize DLP system performance, including rules and reports.
Assist with DLP component upgrades, installs, testing and configuration.
Liaise with Symantec Support, Engineering, Product Management, and others within Symantec on behalf of the customer.
Provide single point of contact and hands-on escalation and remediation for critical issues.
Respond rapidly to unplanned events, including after hours for Severity 1 issues.
Proactively communicate relevant technical information and alerts on known issues, hot fixes, new releases, etc.
Provide regular status reports for critical incidents, projects and proactive services.
Communicate professionally and effectively at all organizational levels.
Keep the Account Team informed of major issues or new opportunities.
Travel may be required to remote sites on an as-needed basis.
- 3+ years of experience administering, supporting, or consulting on Symantec DLP (Vontu) in a large enterprise customer environment.
- 3+ years of experience in Information Security, including: Incident Response and Remediation, Forensic Analysis, security tools such as security tools such as NMAP, Nessus, TCPDump, Wireshark, Netcat, Backtrack, Encase, Helix, FTK.
- Strong knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite and related security concerns.
- Working knowledge with compliance and regulation standards such as SOX, PCI, HIPAA.
- Working knowledge of operating system platforms, routers, web proxies (BlueCoat), network protocols, and security architecture.
- Working knowledge of common attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Oracle or competitive database platforms.
- Strong understanding of common categories and characteristics of malware.
- Superb written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours without prior notice (upon customer demand).
Candidates should have expertise with the following product(s):
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Ideal candidates will also have expertise with the following product(s):
- Symantec ATP
- Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP)
Ideal candidates should have a Security+, Network+, or CISSP in good standing (to meet customer certification requirements). Other relevant security certifications that are in good standing may also be acceptable, depending on the role of the consultant.
Former Healthcare experience is preferred.
VariQ is an equal opportunity employer.