About the State of Indiana
Join U.S News & World Report’s #1 state government! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering applicants stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana’s communities every day.
About the Indiana State Department of Health
The Indiana State Department of Health’s mission is to promote and provide essential public health services for a healthier and safer state.
About the Job
The Ryan White Services Manager will manage the Ryan White Part B Supplemental grant for the Division. In addition, the RWS Manager will
- Develop a comprehensive plan for the delivery of services under the conditions of the grant award.
- Will discuss unusual problems with the Division Director or Ryan White Part B Director.
- Work is reviewed for achievement of program goals and objectives, compatibility with agency and project mission and plans, and general effectiveness of the programs
- Works independently following general guidelines of the division and the funding entities.
A day in the life
- Manage all projects and progress reports for Ryan White Part B Supplemental Grant funds;
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and evaluate all service-related activities in compliance with conditions of grant award(s);
- Develop policies and procedures for the delivery and coordination of HIV medical and social services related to Supplemental Grant;
- Direct quality assurance and quality improvement activities such as utilization review, health outcomes assessment, and progress evaluation;
- Ensure contractual compliance among all subcontractors and grantees for Ryan White Part B Supplemental funds;
- Support usb-grantees in identifying strategic partners vital to one-stop-shop service delivery;
- Provide information and technical consultation on HIV services programs developed as part of Supplemental Grant;
- Perform and assign activities associated with grant application processes, contract preparation, reports, administration, and contract monitoring to assure compliance and conformity with the terms of the contract(s);
- Participate in the development of a Quality Assurance/Quality Indicators system for HIV services related to Supplemental Grant;
- Meet regularly with the HIV Services Director, Division Deputy Director and Division Director to discuss program status;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What ISDH is looking for
- Extensive knowledge in the planning and implementation of public health programs;
- Specialized knowledge of HIV disease and its impact on the patient, family, and community;
- Advanced knowledge of current developments in public health and HIV disease;
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations related to HIV;
- Extensive knowledge of budgeting practices, program planning, and evaluation methods and the ability to apply this knowledge to public health programs;
- An ability to act as a liaison for the Division with contractual consultants and vendors regarding personnel policies, practices, and performance issues;
- An energetic, highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated personality, with excellent critical thinking, communication, and personnel management skills; and
- An ability to work well with other Division staff and to promote a positive work environment.
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision plans
- Health Savings Account available - with Employer Contribution
- Prescription Coverage
- New Parent Leave
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer-funded Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation Plan with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Work/life balance: 24 Paid Days Off and 12 Holidays, per year
- Group Life Insurance
- Qualified Employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Free Downtown Parking
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time