- Laboratory Experience
- Customer Service
Location: East of Columbus, OH
Job Type: Direct
Are you considering a career change?
Looking for a smaller community(25K population), that offers a low cost of living(18% lower than US average) and plenty of activities in the area but is within an hour of a large city.
If so, an opportunity to work with an integrated health care system based in east central Ohio is looking for someone to join their team.
The system is a not-for-profit and has over 300 physicians and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the area.
The system is the largest provider in a six county region and a primary referral center.
It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of its size including open-heart surgery, trauma care, a Level II neonatal intermediate care unit, neurosurgery and
comprehensive cancer services.
The Histology Technician is responsible to perform pre-analytical specimen processing on surgical tissue.
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Scope of responsibility may include maintenance of equipment, embeds tissue in proper size base mold, appropriately levels tissue in blocks, prepares tissue slides of uniform thickness without compressions, folds, or chatter marks, and cover slips slides without air bubbles.
- Must demonstrate ability to keep accurate records, to include specimen identification through all steps of processing and specimen registration via the hospital and laboratory information system.
- Maintains knowledge of histology special stains and immunohistochemical stains.
- May provide assistance in area of Cytoprocessing.
- Maintains knowledge and assists the organization in complying with all regulatory agencies including CAP, HFAP, OSHA, and HIPPA.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- HT-ASCP required.
- Completion of an accredited HLT or HT program, HLT(ASCP) or equivalent, HT(ASCP).
- Entry level experience in Histology laboratory which may include a hospital based student clinical rotation.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and investigative skills.
- Demonstrated excellence with listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under pressure in a complex and changing work environment.
- Monday - Friday; day shift with varied start times
- No weekends; no on-call
- Will join a team of 4 other HTs and 4 Pathologists
- Must be proficient with Tissue Processors, Micrometers, Immunohistochemical and Special Staining Instrumentation
- State of the art equipment
- Lab complete 15,000 surgicals/year (roughly 200-250 blocks/day)
- $4,000 sign-on bonus offered.
The hospital will offer an hourly range between $22.13-$30.46per hr depending on experience and a great benefit package including sign-on and relocation bonus
Job Type: Full-time