Official Administrative intern program - Max 12 months
Full-Time Paid Internship
NYX Professional Makeup
El Segundo, CA
- Must have graduated within the past 12 months with an undergraduate degree*
NYX Professional Makeup is seeking a Finance 12 Month Intern. We are looking for an eager and fast learner to join our Finance team. This intern will provide assistance to the Finance team with an emphasis on Advertising & Promotions reporting, Cash flow ,maintaining T&E reports, purchase orders, as well as ad hoc projects. This intern will report directly to our Advertising & Promotions Sr. Financial Analyst.
1 – ADVERTISING & PROMOTIONS REPORTING:
2 – ADVERTISING & PROMOTIONS CASH FLOW:
- Assist in producing month end A&P financial reports
- Assist in submitting NYX USA financials to L’Oreal corporate headquarters
- Assist in the plan, budget and trends for all A&P lines, excluding POS Amortization
- Perform variance analysis for select P&L/BS accounts and cost centers
- Run weekly cost report
- Review and validate costs and move incorrect postings by submitting journal entries to accounting
- Research P&L anomalies (e.g. excessive credits)
- Create/Maintain promo codes to track budget accurately
- Update/Maintain chart of accounts with product category, MG1, and budgetary natures
3 - T&E
- Track T&E Spend vs. Budget
- Maintain T&E Reports
- Report T&E Activity Outside of Policy (E.g. Credit Card Used Instead of PO Issues, Limo Service, etc.)
4 - PURCHASE ORDERS
- Review Goods Receipt/Invoice Receipt aging issues and follow-up with PO creators
- Review Open PO aging issues and follow-up with PO creators
- Review Parked/Blocked invoices and follow-up with PO creators
5 – AD HOC PROJECTS (AS REQUESTED)
- Undergraduate college degree, need to have graduated within the past 12 months
- Proficient in Excel
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment
- Team player attitude with ability to be flexible in job duties
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of organization
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized to meet deadlines
- Prior internship in Finance is a plus!
Local candidates only, please!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.