Orange County Government, we are proud to serve the public with integrity, honesty, fairness, and professionalism. We develop innovative policies and services that impact Central Florida and shape the future of our community. We have been consistently recognized as a "Top 100 Family Friendly Company," facilitating a healthy work-life balance.
Currently we are seeking well qualified candidates to fill the role of Contracts Supervisor
in our Procurement Division. Provides supervision and direction on soliciting and contracting activities. Prepares, reviews and executes contracts as delegated on behalf of the Division Manager.
Work is performed using independent judgment and is reviewed for compliance with division objectives and policies for achievement of desired results. The role reports directly to the Division Manager or designee.
- Responsible for the Procurement of Goods and Services.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policy and procedures. Implements procedures to ensure standardization of contract documents.
- Resolves problems encountered during daily operations and determines standards for problem resolution.
- Develops plans for accomplishment of assigned functions to meet priorities, performance measures, and goals.
- Directs and participates in formulating Invitation for Bids (IFB's), Requests for Proposals (RFP's), and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ's).
- Researches, benchmarks, and implements policy and procedures relating to innovative value-adding procurement practices, alternate project delivery methods.
- Trains division and user division staff on procurement policy and procedure, statutory limitations governing professional services contracts, alternate project delivery methods, and procurement committee procedures.
- Provides direct supervision, assigns and distributes work, and reviews work for accuracy and completeness. Trains new and existing staff members in soliciting, contract administration techniques and methodologies, orients staff with appropriate polices, regulations and procedures, and ensures that work conforms to standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Federal and State laws that govern grant funded procurement processes.
- Regularly works with division managers, vendors, attorneys, engineers, and consultants.
- May be responsible for administering the County's procurement card program based on area of assignment.
- Prepares statistical and informational reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Business or Public Administration, Finance, Procurement, Accounting, or a closely related field and five years of experience in public procurement or contract administration to include one year of supervisory, team leader, or large project/program management experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant education or experience.
Must be able to obtain and possess at least one certification from the following certifications within 24 months from the date of hire:
- Certified Public Procurement Official (CPPO)
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.)
- Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
Applicants selected for hire must successfully complete a background check and physical and drug screening prior to start of employment
Open Date: 10/05/18
Close Date: 10/21/18 (Posting is subject to close without prior notice)
$61.027 - $78,655 Starting salary will be based on qualifications.
- 10 holidays including 1 floating holiday annually
- 18 days paid time off per year, from year 1 through year 5 of employment. After year 5 of employment the accrual rate will increase
- 6 days of TERM (sick) time annually
- Low cost medical, dental, vision, additional life insurance, disability
- Free basic life, long term disability, and employee assistance for the all family members effective on day one
- Employee assistance program includes one on one sessions and online tools for legal advice, financial planning, personal life balance, etc.
- Free access to Orlando Magic gyms for the whole family, free access to County Wellworks gyms
- Free onsite coaching, including dietician and nurse
- Earn service time to forgive your student loans
- Tuition reimbursement
- Participation with Florida Retirement System (www.myFRS.com) for either Pension or Investment plan, this includes FREE access to Ernst Young financial planning.
- Optional Deferred compensation through Vanguard
- Free Training and Development courses and series. If you graduate from a series you get to attend a formal ceremony, receive a plaque, and shake hands with the Mayor.
- As an employee you will have access to a variety of discounts from travel and car rentals, to theme park passes, sporting events, electronic purchases, and many more general discount offers
201 South Rosalind Ave., Orlando Fl. 32801
If you are claiming Veterans' Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans' Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.