MaxCyte is a global clinical-stage cell-based therapies and life sciences company applying its proprietary cell engineering platform to deliver the advances of cell-based therapy to patients with high unmet medical needs. MaxCyte is developing novel CARMA(TM) therapies for its own pipeline, with its first drug candidate in a Phase I clinical trial. CARMA is MaxCyte’s mRNA-based proprietary therapeutic platform for autologous cell therapy for the treatment of solid cancers. In addition, through its life sciences business, MaxCyte leverages its Flow Electroporation(R) Technology to enable its biopharmaceutical partners to advance the development of innovative medicines, particularly in cell therapy. MaxCyte has placed its flow electroporation instruments worldwide, with all of the top ten global biopharmaceutical companies. The Company now has more than 70 partnered program licenses in cell therapy with more than 35 licensed for clinical use, including four announced commercial licenses covering potentially more than 30 products. With its robust delivery technology platform, MaxCyte helps its partners to unlock the full potential of their products. For more information, visit www.maxcyte.com.
Founded in 1999, MaxCyte is based in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
The Payroll/Staff Accountant is responsible for all domestic and international payroll functions and monthly benefits accounting. The Payroll/Staff accountant also handles day to day stock option accounting, expense report accounting, fixed asset management, and sales and property tax. This is a hands-on position which works under general supervision.
- Processes and ensures accuracy of semi-monthly domestic payroll and serves as liaison to payroll vendors.
- Processes multiple monthly international payroll accounts. Works with HR and payroll vendors to set up new international payrolls as needed.
- Maintains and processes time sheets for hourly employees.
- Administers commission, bonus payments, relocation reimbursement, and payment of stock option exercise proceeds.
- Investigates and resolves any payroll discrepancies.
- Files new state tax registrations as needed and resolves any state tax discrepancies.
- Reviews and issues annual W-2 forms to employees.
- Funds semi-monthly 401(k) contributions and books the journal entries. Calculates 401(k) match true up at year end.
- Tracks and maintains employee stock options.
- Captures PTO accruals on a quarterly basis.
- Captures general ledger activity related to all payrolls.
- Participates in month end close processes by preparing payroll and benefit reconciliations.
- Conducts quarterly salary reconciliations.
- Maintains corporate credit card programs.
- Captures new hires into the expense reporting system (Concur) and captures monthly expense accruals.
- Reports monthly sales tax reporting and filings.
- Interacts with external auditors and provides support and for all audits and reviews.
- Complies with all regulatory and compliance requirements, including state and federal tax payroll laws.
Fixed Asset Management
- Tracks consigned inventory.
- Handles annual personal property tax filing.
- Maintains asset tagging system.
- Complies with all applicable policies regarding health, safety, and environmental policies
- BS in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 3 – 5 years of payroll experience, accounting, and general ledger experience; or equivalent. Must have experience setting up and processing both domestic and international payrolls. Experience in a public company is preferred.
- Expertise in state and federal, regulatory, and tax laws.
- Proficient using various software, including MSOffice [especially Excel], accounting software [i.e. NetSuite] and payroll systems [Paylocity}.
- Highly detail orientated with a solid track record of maintaining accurate records; excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal). Customer focused with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and external vendors.
- Must be able to work independently, work with confidential information and possess strong business judgment.
MaxCyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development assistance