At Vatica Health we are on a Mission to improve the quality of healthcare and keep populations healthy at a lower cost. We innovate and deliver scalable, end-to-end technology solutions and value-add clinical services that enable Providers, Payers and Patients to THRIVE in the new world of value-based care. We are a fast growth, early stage, small company solving today’s most complex problems with a talented team of disruptors, inventors and change agents who are not satisfied with the status quo and crave to make a difference. We are a ‘Powered Health’ portfolio company supported by a network of resources, experience and industry connections.
Vatica Health has developed patent-pending, cloud-based software to facilitate Medicare’s newly implemented Annual Wellness Visit (AWV). The AWV is an incredibly important initiative designed to improve the health of seniors and reduce long-term healthcare spending by tens of billions of dollars per year. The AWV aims to prevent the onset of disease or to slow the progression of existing conditions. Seventy percent of Medicare beneficiaries live with one or more chronic illnesses which can be delayed or prevented by lifestyle modifications. The financial burden of chronic disease on Medicare is extraordinary, where a growing number of beneficiaries, with multiple chronic conditions, account for virtually all of Medicare’s $500 billion in annual expenditures. We are proud to have developed a unique solution that enables providers to deliver better patient care, generate additional income, and improve quality measures as required as part of meaningful use requirements.
The Senior Data mgmt. and Interoperability Engineer will be responsible for the extraction, verification, processing, cleansing, analysis and deployment of client data, third-party data sources, and internal data sources. In addition to the processing of data files, this individual will have ownership of the end to end ETL process, partner and client interoperability for heath information data exchange. Client data files consist of EDI (837 and 835) files as well as ASCII flat files. This individual will be responsible for mapping EDI files as part of new client implementation. This individual will be accountable for ensuring data quality throughout the ETL lifecycle as well as maintaining a current inventory of data files. In addition, this individual will be responsible for transmitting data, via automated load, among internal systems. Experience with healthcare system interoperability for EMRs, Practice mgmt. systems using tools like MIRTH and protocols such as FHIR is needed.
- Map and load EDI data (837, 835) to production databases using Altova/SSIS or other tools
- Assist in mapping ASCII files to standard production schema
- Use SSIS and/or BizTalk to load manual client files (ASCII) or other tools
- Managing data issues and adapting to constantly changing procedures and requirements. Correctly modifying all procedures that are affected by those changes.
- Tracking and verifying the quality of data from all sources
- Taking technical leadership on new data management projects and the re-structuring of the current data architecture
- Engineering and coding to specifications outlined in requirements documents
- Integrate new clients into ETL process
- Ensure all inbound data files are logged during load process
- Ensure all inbound production data loads are automated
- Maintain and manage internal data load/transfer processes among databases/applications
- Add functionality to ETL process as business processes scale.
- 5+ years working in an ETL role
- 2+ years working with SSIS and/or BizTalk or other tools
- 5+ years working with SQL
- 2+ years working with EDI (837, 835, HL7) formats and other Health information
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience