Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Chicago, IL, USA
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Logistics Lead at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Logistics Lead you will help drive forward the hardware business in the Americas region. You will oversee in-region digital content and third-party logistics (3PL) operations and transportation, applying problem-solving skills and functional expertise in the areas of warehousing, fulfillment, distribution, transportation and inventory management. You will ensure the fulfillment and delivery of hardware products is timely and efficient and play a key role in delivering regional elements of global projects as well as managing regional specific initiatives.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage day-to-day 3PL operational performance for the Americas region.
- Identify, measure and track key logistics metrics to help drive efficiency across the Americas network.
- Solve logistics problems with speed, accuracy and completeness. Build business cases to support any logistics network changes or improvements.
- Organize, moderate and lead cross-functional meetings with 3PLs and transportation providers. Lead regional improvement projects and assist in delivery of regional elements of global projects.
- Play a key role in supporting new product launches coordinating with cross-functional teams to ensure proper setup, operations and success of launch.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience working with third-party logistics (3PL) partners and outsourced providers in domestic and international environments.
- 2 years relevant work experience.
- 2 years of project management experience or equivalent practical experience.
- Master's degree in a technical field.
- 1 year of experience working with U.S. import and/or export laws and regulations.
- Experience programming in C++, Java or Python.
- Experience in project management within operations or logistics.
- Experience working with complex data sets and excellent analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.