Merakey is seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our Financial Services team in our Lafayette Hill, PA location in Montgomery County.
The Procurement Specialist (PS) is responsible for implementation of strategic procurement projects and other business opportunities identified and approved by the Corporate Purchasing Department and Merakey senior management. The PS will report to the Corporate Director of Purchasing and AP and work with other internal and external stakeholders to improve financial performance and stakeholder satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform financial analysis to support the selection of suppliers
- Assess cost-effectiveness of current supplier relationships
- Is creative and resourceful in identifying strategic sourcing and cost savings opportunities.
- Ability to compile data for bidding and awarding vendor contracts
Vendor and Contract Management
- Responsible for suppler communication and able to resolve transactional issues, including pricing issues and other invoicing discrepancies
- Order tacking and management
- Monitor vendor performance and quality
- Enforce vendor agreement terms and conditions
- Assist with the Request for Proposal process including helping to source potential suppliers, analyze proposals, and assist in the evaluation process
Procurement Process Improvements
- Manage projects to improve the procurement process
- Evaluate the procurement process and propose and implement process improvements
- Improve corporate compliance with preferred vendors
- Work with vendors and Merakey employees on standardization projects
- Consolidate vendors and streamline the procurement process
- Create and maintain procurement workflows and item lists
- Document procurement policies and procedures
The PS will perform other duties as assigned to assist the Corporate Director of Purchasing and Accounts Payable and the Purchasing Manager, including serving as a backup to other staff in the department.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, and Tennessee.
For more information on Merakey and our various divisions, please visit: www.merakey.org
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
APPLY TODAY www.merakey.org/careers
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong quantitative, analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work individually and in teams
- Experience with vendor implementations and project management preferred
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Access
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics GP a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled