Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
$10,000.00 Sign-on Bonus!
Supervises all technical staff and services of the Mammography Department
Enforces departmental and Hospital policies and procedures
Makes appropriate staffing decisions, provides supervision for all assigned personnel
Meets all requirements of a Mammography Technologist.
1. Safety/Patient Care Criteria A: Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and employees by enforcing established safety policies Safety/Patient Care Criteria B: Responds appropriately to all emergency situations regardless of department. Safety/Patient Care Criteria C: Establishes rules of conduct for patient interviews and interactions and audits paperwork for completeness ensuring proper history and Technologist initials are recorded. Safety/Patient Care Criteria D: Enforces cleanliness and infection control policies for the Mammography Department.
2. MQSA-ACR Criteria A: Passes annual MQSA inspection without incurring any citations and updates MQSA books on a quarterly basis. MQSA-ACR Criteria B: Able to complete ACR accreditation process to secure approval and maintains ACR requirements by performing/monitoring Mammography QC program. MQSA-ACR Criteria C: Works with physicist to meet required annual testing of equipment as well as resolving any other issues that arise. MQSA-ACR Criteria D: Maintains standards in Mammographic Imaging by following MQSA and ACR recommendations.
3. Payroll/Attendance Criteria A: Monitors payroll for accuracy and approves work hours on a weekly basis. Payroll/Attendance Criteria B: Ensures staff takes required lunch breaks. Payroll/Attendance Criteria C: Is mindful of overtime and makes efforts to keep it to a minimum. Payroll/Attendance Criteria D: Reports to work on time and sets an example to their staff on attendance expectations.
4. Work Schedule Criteria A: Establishes daily work schedule for Mammography Technologists. Work Schedule Criteria B: Ensures optimal staffing levels are in place and is innovative in covering sick/vacation time. Work Schedule Criteria C: Schedules departmental staff meetings and records minutes on a quarterly basis. Work Schedule Criteria D: Arranges for training or inservices to provide technical staff with education opportunities.
5. Magview-Quality Control Criteria A: Implements and maintains Mammographic Reporting and Tracking System (Magview) Magview-Quality Control Criteria B: Oversees process for mailing patient and physician letters and ensures compliance with MQSA requirements. Magview-Quality Control Criteria C: Resolves outstanding exams in a timely and accurate manner. Magview-Quality Control Criteria D: Responsible for scheduling routine preventative maintenance of all Mammographic equipment and Film Processors.
6. Workflow Criteria A: Monitors workflow and addresses challenges quickly. Workflow Criteria B: Regularly checks scheduling templates to see if slots can be adjusted to accomodate more patients. Workflow Criteria C: Approves urgent add-ons or walk-ins as necessary. Workflow Criteria D: Blocks slots appropriately and ensures staff does the same.
7. Administrative Functions Criteria A: Fairly reviews staff, praises and critiques work performance appropriately, sets obtainable goals and follows through to ensure staff are meeting them. Administrative Functions Criteria B: Investigates complaints, personnel conflicts and disciplines when necessary. Administrative Functions Criteria C: Provides accurate and timely reporting of required statistics. Administrative Functions Criteria D: Attends required meetings with the clinical management team and brings important topics to discuss
8. Supervision Criteria A: Stimulates employees to perform to their best effort. Supervision Criteria B: Challenges employees performing routine or repetitive tasks. Supervision Criteria C: Encourages employees to be innovative. Supervision Criteria D: Appropriately delegates authority and responsibility to capable employees.
9. Technologist Functions Criteria A: Functions as a Technologist as scheduled by the Lead Technologist and covers Mammography Technologist vacation/sick time. Technologist Functions Criteria B: Proficient in all Mammographic/Bone Density procedures and is able to apply technical knowledge for optimal image acquisition. Technologist Functions Criteria C: Completes necessary paperwork and able to utilize all computer programs in order to provide required information/images to the Radiologist for interpretation of results. Technologist Functions Criteria D: Maintains quality standards in infection control and is capable of proper response in emergency situations.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Required: Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology
Minimum of 5 years of Mammography experience (GE preferred); Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
Minimum Experience: five years
Desired: ARRT Certification in Radiography; ARRT Certification in Mammography
CT State License; CPR
Maintains continuing education requirements (24 CE credits per biennium)
Maintain MQSA requirements (15 CEU Mammo specific credits per triennium)
Possesses excellent knowledge of cross sectional anatomy and physiology
Exhibits a degree of professionalism necessary to instill patient confidence
Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates respect and courtesy
Location: Norwalk-761 Main Avenue
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Work Shift: 8 hour shift between 7:30a-5p
Org Unit: 406
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Specialty Cert
- Cardio Pulminary Resuscitation
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Location: 24 Hospital Avenue
Job Type: Full-time