Community Brands is on a mission to be the global “Engagement Suite” behind the success of associations and non-profit organizations. To deliver on that mission, our Infrastructure Services Group needs strong technologists to create and operate innovative, large-scale enterprise platforms and infrastructure services.
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer (Cloud) to join our Cloud Platforms team. As part of this team, you will provide important hands-on leadership as we design, implement, and operate the public, private, and hybrid cloud platforms that enable our product groups to solve for problems at global scale. Your daily job responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will:
- Ensuring that service components under management are monitored 24x7 for availability, capacity, and performance in Windows and Linux based cloud environments.
- Collaborate with the team to complete projects and work-streams in a professional manner including achievement of on-time/on-budget goals and frequent project status updates
- Creating the appropriate documentation for our systems, including architecture and network diagrams and support procedures
- Leading incident response teams as necessary to mitigate and deal with adverse events affecting our infrastructure
- Define and prioritize service automation work in line with the wider infrastructure and corporate strategy
- Architect and design solutions that will live within Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform
- Have considerable hands-on experience designing, building, and operating solutions within one of the cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Be a self-starter able to work productively either alone or in collaboration with a team
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and “Infrastructure as Code” approaches, tools, and strategies.
- Experience with writing scripts and implementing automation. Terraform preferred.
- Have a customer-oriented mindset.
- Bring strong systems thinking to the table, with an innate ability to see patterns and simplify the complex problems.
- Demonstrate phenomenal trouble-shooting skills.
- Possess strong collaboration and communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Know how to architect for scale, for resiliency, for reliability, for security, and for performance.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems (MCS, MIS) or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing and supporting complex, 24x7, mission-critical hosted solutions
- 1+ years of cumulative experience specifically related to design and operations of systems within any one of the cloud platforms.
- Relevant professional certifications with system and cloud engineering, including:
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), etc.
Certified Developer, SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect etc.
Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect, etc.
- Prior architecture experience involving:
o VMWare and HyperV virtualization technologies
o Data center migration to public cloud
- Setup, config, and usage of monitoring technologies in the cloud:
o New Relic
o DataDog Etc.