We are looking for a field scientist to support work at a construction job that will be taking place in a couple of months.
- Conduct environmental inspections, environmental evaluations and assessments
- Survey Work, QA/QC
- Collect field data
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools to determine exact locations of project areas.
- Assist with report writing and production of documents
- Minimum of B.A. or B.S. in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, and Natural Resource Management preferred.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork safely for long hours in inclement weather (including temperature extremes) and environmental conditions.
- May have to carry equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Prior experience with GIS software (ArcPad) and Trimble GPS units and ability to use technology for data collection preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Must have a clean driving record and pass a background check.
Job Type: Full-time