Setting: NICU and Inpatient
Under the general direction of the Director of Physical Therapy, he/she administers physical agents utilized in physical therapy as prescribed by a referring physician. The Staff Physical Therapist supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and Physical Therapy Aides. The Staff Physical Therapist is responsible to the Director of Physical Therapy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Administers physical therapy per physician orders:
a. Notes diagnosis of patient and takes all precautions for observing indications and contraindications.
b. Applies physical agents as ordered; oversee the therapeutic exercise programs and instructs ambulatory procedures, as indicated.c. Explains what patients should feel and precautions to be alerted to other hospital departments.
d. Checks frequently on patient during treatment period to satisfy patient needs.
e. Returns equipments and supplies to proper storage area. Makes treatment table ready for next patient if an Out-Patient.
f. Makes telephone calls to referring physician for clarification,elaboration and progress of treatment orders.
2. Observes and evaluates treatment effects:
a. Recommends change to physician, if needed.
b. Discusses condition and treatment course of patient with Staff PhysicalTherapist, Assistants and Physician.
c. Attempts to analyze patient's psychological and physical needs anddeals with them accordingly.
3. Maintains records pertinent to patient treatments:
a. Initial Notesb. Treatment Planc. Daily S-O-A-P recordingd. Patient Educatione. Discharge Summary
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
1. Must have a current Physical Therapy license in the State of California.
2. Must know and utilize the theory of Physical Medicine.
3. Must have knowledge of machine operation and maintenance and repairs of the same.
4. Must be able to apply the modalities used in Physical Therapy with fullknowledge of their effect.
5. Must have a good knowledge of human anatomy, physiology and the effect of treatment procedure on the body function and stature.
6. Must have basic knowledge of disease process in the human body, causative factors and values of physical therapy and the values of physical therapy agents and its relief.
7. Must have full knowledge of sterile techniques and its modification on physical therapy as detailed in the Infection Control Manual.
8. Must be familiar with the hospital policy, function and procedures relative to physical therapy and related fields.
9. Must have a current CPR Card.
10. Ability to work in NICU
11. Ability to work in High Risk Clinic – use Gesell for clinic for evaluations
Sign on Bonus available! Apply today!
Keywords: Physical Therapy, Physical Therapist
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year