Serves law clients by supporting partners and staff attorneys; planning and developing cases; researching case law; preparing and managing cases; helping clients.
* Plans case development by studying client information; conferring with partners and staff attorneys.
* Researches law by determining research approaches; studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers.
* Develops case strategy by predicting how law applies to client's situation; identifying and evaluating legal options; preparing briefs and memoranda, including legal issues raised by the client's situation, legal rules governing the situation, and how the rules apply to the situation; providing explanations of legal strategies and potential actions; obtaining approval for a course of action.
* Prepares cases by gathering evidence; attending depositions, court hearing, conference calls, and client meetings; reviewing investigative findings; consulting with experts; engaging expert witnesses; preparing and interviewing witnesses; completing discovery process; developing arguments and testimony; completing filings. motions, and submissions; supervising paralegals.
* Manages cases by monitoring schedules; expediting requirements; obtaining and forwarding information.
* Supports attorneys at trials and hearings by organizing evidence and exhibits; taking notes; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses arrive as scheduled.
* Helps clients by initiating and maintaining contact; preparing clients to answer discovery; keeping clients informed of case status.
* Obtains and retains clients by following-up on referrals.
* Maintains cost standards by monitoring expenses; recommending cost-saving opportunities.
* Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in continuing educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
JD and Bar passage in Ohio.
Client Confidentiality, Research Skills, Written Communication, Legal Compliance, Presentation Skills, Analyzing Information , Client Contact Skills, Interpreting New Laws, Legal Administration Skills, Verbal Communication
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay based on experience.
Plus Overtime, time and a half over 40 hours per week.
Paid Time Off.
Cell phone and expense reimbursement.
Retirement plan (has a vesting period).
Bonuses: Annual bonus based on firm performance. Bonuses for individual performance. Bonuses for new clients brought to the firm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,000.00 to $49,000.00 /year