Looking for Access Control Alarm Technician with Physical Security experience, who is passionate about technology and customer service. Our technicians work directly with end users to diagnose and resolve a wide variety of software and hardware issues in a fast-paced, team- oriented environment. Must have hardware and software experience using Honeywell, Avigilon, S2, DMP , and more. This position is 20% IT and 80% physical security.
Security Designs is a security company with a technology background. We provide video surveillance, access control, fire alarms, nurse call, alarms, Fiber, and wireless services/products to our customers. Our company holds a GSA Contract with the federal government and continues to grow our relationship with the federal government. We have locations in Livonia, Michigan, Cleveland, Ohio, and Indianapolis, Indiana. This position is for our Livonia, Michigan location.
- Provide frontline technical support toon-site and remote employees by diagnosing and resolving software, hardware, mobile app, and phone system issues
- Perform PC repairs, upgrades and reimaging
- Set up new workstations (light bending/lifting required)
- Create and manage Active Directory/Exchange Accounts
- Provides training when required for assigned installation Technicians in all required duties.
- When on-call, respond to occasional after-hours calls from co-workers regarding technical issues * Keep informed on new development and products
- Accurately completes all necessary paperwork including work orders, service orders, time logs, and emergency information schedules.
- Exhibits appearance and conduct in accordance with established company standards to present a professional image to the customer and the general public. Maintains the highest standards of decency, honesty and integrity.
- Three (3) or more years installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage systems.
- Minimum 3 years working with Access Control
- PC and Network knowledge/experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Successful completion of drug testing and background check
- Ability to read and understand CAD drawings/sit layout drawings preferred
- Ability to estimate jobs preferred
- Solid experience on new/’ground up’ construction projects preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills and a passion for helping others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MUST BE DETAIL ORIENTATED!
- Lifting up to 50 pounds. Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing and walking significant distances.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools. Benefits:
- Salary negotiable based on experience Job Type: Full-time Salary: $50,000 to $65,000 /annual
- High school or equivalent
- Low Voltage Installation: 3 years minimum
- ****Bonus based on 6 months of successful employment with the company, paid out within 30 days after this has been completed
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Alarm: 5 years (Required)