Performs investigative research under the mentorship of Assistant Investigator, Associate Investigator, or Investigator in a particular area(s) of study. Publishes and presents data in a timely manner. Works collaboratively with other investigators to facilitate their scientific research and training. Participates in various types of institute and community activities. May apply for grant funding and/or patents as appropriate.
1. Performs research projects as directed. Follows and adheres to experimental protocols in a proficient and meticulous manner.
2. Responsible for the collection, analysis and interpretation of research data related to specific project.
3. Submits manuscripts and abstracts for publication to peer review journals and presentations at local, national and international conferences.
4. Performs a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, correspondence, attending meetings, database maintenance, maintaining records, charts, etc.
5. Responsible for all other activities, clinical and administrative, as needed.
6. Provides technical direction to research staff.
7. Performs related duties, as required.
- Doctorate (M.D., D.O., DVM, or PhD.) Degree, required.
- May have authored/co-authored published articles and/or abstracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively.