Provides assessment, planning, counseling and education to patients.
Competencies and skills:Essential:
- Interviews and assesses patients and/or patient's family, caregivers, and/or legal representatives. Determines, prioritizes, provides and/or arranges for needed internal and external services/interventions.
- Participates in case reviews to evaluate case management and progress. Consults with healthcare team members to promote, monitor, and evaluate compliance with patient's treatment plan.
- Assists with discharge planning and processes. Identifies appropriate resources, including transportation, housing, healthcare, and social/spiritual services, and provides referrals as part of the discharge plan.
- Supervises and/or trains new staff, students, and interns.
Complexity of Work:
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- CRISIS INTERVENTION - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Identifies, mitigates, and resolves issues that threaten or compromise the recovery process.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience:
1 year social work experience
- Bending and Stooping 80.00%
- Climbing 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry 80.00%
- Kneeling 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
- Reaching 80.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
- Running 40.00%
- Sitting 60.00%
- Squatting 60.00%
- Standing 80.00%
- Walking 80.00%
- Audible Speech 80.00%
- Hearing Acuity 80.00%
- Depth Perception 80.00%
- Distinguish Color 80.00%
- Seeing - Far 80.00%
- Seeing - Near 80.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
- Dust 60.00%
- Latex 60.00%
- Computer Monitor 80.00%
- Domestic Animals 40.00%
- Fire Risk 40.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault 60.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
Medical and Surgical Services
Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
Memorial Cancer Institute
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
Memorial Neuroscience Institute
The Family Birthplace
Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.