To promote and demonstrate the FirstService Residential Community vision of enhancing neighbor-to-neighbor positive interaction by building of community spirit. This position is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and oversight of creative, customized recreational programming, community events, sponsorships/partnership programs and community volunteer programs in assigned communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and implement customized large-scale community events and smaller neighborhood activities to create a unique community spirit within the community.
- Ensure accurate documentation for all community program plans, vendor contacts, financial, event summary reports, etc., as required in the standardized format that will direct the activities of the community addendum
- Ensure timely and accurate reports to Events and Programs Manager, Community Lifestyle Director, and the LARCS board of directors
- Identify, ensure approval, hire, and oversee performance of all vendors for events and programs in accordance with the documented Community Programs strategic plan, including review of all vendor invoices prior to payment
- Oversight and maintenance of a vendor database and development of positive working relationships with all community event vendors
- Ensure accurate data for the master community event calendar for all assigned addendums and update on a monthly basis
- Develop positive relationships with municipalities and other recreational program service providers in assigned communities
- Create survey tools and processes to identify local recreational programs and community events of interest to residents
- Oversight and maintenance of Clubs and Groups database and development of positive working relationships with all Community Clubs and Groups
- Knowledge and ability to work within the Department’s reservation system to look up and complete reservation bookings for all Community Clubs and Groups activities
None at this time.
- Committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at seminars, industry programs, either as an attendee or as a guest speaker
- Organizational, time management, prioritization, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills with the ability to implement, monitor progress, and track results
- Ability to think and work independently and as part of a team
- Use of good judgment, critical thinking, and business “savvy”
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written)
- Public charisma and the ability to work with and motivate diverse groups of people
- Organizational and time management skills, with the demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Budgetary/finance administration and controls.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written).
- Public charisma as evidenced by proven leadership skills.
- Strong ethical practices.
- College degree preferred, preferably within Recreation Management, Hospitality and Leisure Services or equivalent experience of 3-5 years’ experience in the coordination and/or management of community or non-profit special events and recreational facilities
- Committed to continual learning as evidenced by attendance at seminars, industry programs, either as an attendee or as a guest speaker.
- Current member of California Parks & Recreation Society is a plus.
- Minimum of two years of public or private sector recreation community event coordination programming experience.
- Strong written skills to be able to publish appropriate documentation, as directed.
- Minimum of one-year experience working with Volunteer Boards, Committees, or Commissions.
- Proven track record for successful fundraising and/or sponsorships programs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour