Lead the design group in all aspect of die and product designs (internal and external) clients. This consists of leading the internal design team on all current and upcoming projects. Overseeing all internal and external designs beginning with simulations thru successful die design and buy-off. Working with the purchasing team on obtaining quotes for all necessary components and ensuring that the necessary items are available based on the project build timing. Support all die leaders along with the tooling engineers during the design and build process. Trouble shooting issues with the cross functional team and putting the necessary corrective actions in place to resolve the identified issues.
Responsibilities include accurately reporting status against budget and timing requirements. This person also plays a major role in the improvement of current jobs to attain better performance and quality measures.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tool Design/Development Activities
- Responsible for review of tool designs for new products, cost savings related to existing products or processes, and creative analysis of customer requirements. Confers with sales engineers, other GT employees, and customer engineers in the development of product/tool criteria or product/tool improvement.
- Responsible for all data management with internal and external clients.
- Complete the necessary simulation on all product data using Auto-Form.
- Design tools using various design software UG, CATIA, VISI, SolidWorks.
- Responsible for trouble shooting and driving problem solving for (Heavy Hitters) tool issues and the documentation of solutions and lessons learned.
- Responsible for initiation of CAD drawings and/or math data for build of tools using computer software and insuring integrity of design.
- Works closely with tooling estimator and sales engineers in creation of “Release” level drawings, upon which quotes may be based.
- Working with suppliers on component quoting and cost reductions.
- Responsible for tracking R&D/Prototype activities required during development phase of a product. Works closely with R&D department to insure that all processes are thoroughly documented with tool drawings and results database for use during tool design.
- Responsible for definition of validation requirements during development. This may include gage drawings, test fixture drawings or specification of test based on existing standards.
- Provides leadership in 3D CAD/CAM design initiative.
- Working with external suppliers on projects, which include design, timing, and costs.
- Provides leadership to advance tool build capabilities at Globe Tech.
- Works closely with estimating department to define the process for products upon which quote will be based, including secondary operations and outside services required. Works with Process Engineering during APQP to further refine the process requirements to allow for smooth product launch.
- Analyze current practices to identify potential for continuous improvement activities.
- Lend expertise to problem solving activities relative to tool capability.
- Confer with multi-disciplinary team during APQP in development of gages and in-process validation for new and existing product lines.
Project Management Activities
- Maintain tool design records.
- Manage computer database of R&D and Prototype activities, including technical illustrations and analysis of results.
- Provide progress reports to management and customers as necessary.
- Coordinate with production scheduling personnel as needed for product development and improvement activities.
- Assist with tool design and print verification as needed.
- Work within file structure and design conventions standards.
- UG, AutoForm, CATIA, VISI, SolidWorks
Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days
401K after 90 days
Job Type: Full-time