Under supervision from Biotium scientists, perform biological/biochemical tests for fluorescent dyes. Perform production and quality control testing of assay kit components following standardized protocols. This individual will be responsible for production and QC of products, as well as play a role in the design, optimization and assessment of novel reagents for fluorescent detection technologies.
- Perform production and quality control testing of products in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 protocols.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of processes consistent with ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- Maintain immortalized cell lines and provide cells for bioscience group experiments.
- Execute molecular biology and cell biology assays by following detailed protocols for characterizing new fluorescent molecules, as well as analyzing and reporting data.
- Identify and resolve production and QC non-conformities.
- Work with chemists and biologists in the implementation, execution, and analysis of new bioscience assays.
- Perform complex biological assays using established protocols and standard laboratory practices and procedures.
- Respond quickly to changing priorities and handle multiple projects with potentially overlapping deadlines.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols and processes.
- Assist in identifying and solving problems in protocol designs.
- Maintain equipment and a safe and clean working environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Biology or a related field with at least 1 year of research experience.
- Hands-on experience with cell biology or biochemistry assays.
- Capable of setting up bioscience assays independently for molecule characterization.
- An independent self-starter who enjoys problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to complete multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Careful, precise and accurate laboratory techniques.
- Ability to organize tasks effectively, maintain accurate records and documentation of results.
- Ability to master new skills, methods, and instrumentation quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, and to follow supervisory direction.
- Ability to use common window-based software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point) to perform analysis and interpretation of technical and laboratory data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present scientific results clearly and concisely.
- Industrial experience in biotechnology or product development a plus.
- Experience with cell culture and microscope imaging a plus
- Experience with protein characterization and immunoassays a plus
Work is carried out in a typical biochemistry/chemistry laboratory setting. Work may require frequent sitting, standing, walking and lifting and/or carrying of chemicals or chemical containers. Work may also require sitting and working at a computer or standing at a laboratory bench for long periods of time.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or a related field with at least 1 year of research experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary dependent on experience/education. Company-paid benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage, 401K, sick leave, vacation, and company holidays.
Job Type: Full-time