ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
We are looking for a reliable and experienced bookkeeper/accounts payable associate. This individual must be a proven team player with a strong work ethic who can work collaboratively in a business setting. Thorough knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures is required. The skills to succeed include strong problem solving, research and resolution, data analysis and multi-tasking.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Review and ensure all invoices/expenses reports are properly approved and recorded in the accounting system.
- Both manual invoice entry and auditing of automated invoice uploads required.
- Record and audit inter-company and inter-department transfers in general ledger.
- Maintain existing vendor database and add new vendors as needed.
- Assist vendors with any invoice/statement inquires and address any discrepancies as needed.
- Filing of invoices and routine paper purging, as required.
- Process weekly check run for designated locations
- Process weekly electronic payables ‘check’ run
- Enter/review weekly wholesaler statement and process payment.
- Prepare, file, and record monthly & quarterly sales tax.
- Record weekly and month end journal entries in general ledger.
- Record month end inventories provided by location.
- Reconcile, record, and pay monthly corporate credit cards.
- Track customer receivables and ensure all credits/payments are properly applied.
- Assist in month end closing for all companies.
- Verify that all transactions comply with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor both internal/external correspondence and address accordingly.
- Process and follow-up on rush items and escalate major inquiries to the Controller.
- Ad-hoc projects as needed by Controller.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable (3+ years’ experience).
- Work experience in the food / retail industry is a plus.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering invoices.
- Problem solving skills. Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheets, word processing programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of FMS Solutions Vision system is a plus.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with high volume, and the ability to adapt to change quickly.
Job Type: Temporary
- Accounts Payable: 1 year (Preferred)