Full Job Description
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice for all.
Procurement Services has an outstanding opportunity open for a Temporary Customer Service Specialist.
The Customer Service Specialist position supports efficient and compliant use of UW procurement and financial systems. The Customer Service Specialist will be a part of developing and delivering a diverse range of customer services for UW academic and central departments on all UW campuses and will influence process and software design and implementation. This position will support learning and core skill development in applications such as eProcurement (Ariba), MyFinancial.desktop and Procurement Desktop Reports.
Reporting to the manager of Procurement Customer Service (PCS), this position is part of a team committed to continuous process improvement utilizing Lean principles and tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
50% Implement excellent customer service
- Respond to technical and general customer inquiries
- Maintain a broad working knowledge of various UW financial and procurement systems and act as subject matter expert, including new functionality or enhancements
- Communicate features of procurement systems in written and oral formats across multiple delivery methods such as email, phone and web-based content or training materials
- Develop communication materials such as email template responses, FAQs, webforms and scripted answers in response to campus feedback and needs
- Support implementation of recommended customer service improvements
- Make recommendations for customer service improvements based on feedback from Procurement Customer Service team and customers
- Design and implement processes to improve Customer Service response time, including intake, escalation and response mechanisms
25% Collaborate with Procurement Services IT and other Procurement Services teams to roll out new functionality and system enhancements to the PCS team
- Collaborate with project managers, business analysts, software developers, campus user test groups and teammates in designing new system functionality, defining new business rules and participating in system implementation planning. Contribute input and recommendations based on feedback obtained from end users.
- Make recommendations for system improvements/corrections to supervisor, project management teams and system developers to resolve departmental challenges to adoption of new systems, policies or procedures.
- Design effective tests, identify test participants, facilitate tests, collate test results, analyze the results.
- Communicate with subject matter experts to identify what different audiences (including departmental staff, campus users and suppliers) need to know for the rollout of new functionality or enhancements to existing systems.
- Plan, communicate and provide change management support for rollouts to include presenting demos and writing FAQs. Perform follow-up outreach to assess change management effectiveness.
- Utilize customer inquiries and feedback data to coordinate and lead departmental outreach opportunities.
15% Lead process improvement projects utilizing Lean methodology and tools
- Determine training needs for groups and for individual users. Create and implement training plans to address both group and individual needs.
- Assist with departmental and team cross training as well as onboarding and training for new team members.
- Participate in planning and delivery of large scale training deployments .
- Assist in training campus users in instructor lead classes or webinars.
10% Maintain web content
- Update the Procurement Services website to communicate new features, enhancements and learning opportunities.
- Build out the website as new learning opportunities are offered, collaborating with others on team in making design decisions regarding placement of new content and revision of existing content.
Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelors Degree and two to three years of experience working with financial and procurement systems which demonstrate success in:
Providing customer support for financial and/or procurement systems .
Facilitating instructor-led classes, web-based or in-person.
Leading small project teams.
Communicating effectively through oral and written means.
Experience using web content management systems such as Drupal.
Preference will be given to candidate with UW systems experience.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter, and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 / 206-543-6452 (tty) or email@example.com.