For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care, Private Duty, and Care Management services. We provide care at home or in settings such as assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital. We have offices in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland. Patients and their families know us for our personalized, high quality care, delivered with empathy, kindness, and respect. We are seeking an experienced and compassionate Hospice Physician to join our team. Come contribute your clinical knowledge to our patients, clinical staff and to expanding programs with our community partners.
Title: Vice President of Human Resources
Schedule: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
POSITION SUMMARY: The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for leading and enhancing the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function organization-wide in accordance with company policies, as well as, Federal, State and City regulations. This role is responsible for delivering a strategic and innovative approach to people solutions, building authentic partnerships and providing cutting edge solutions. This position will continue to foster the organization’s culture of professionalism, respect, empathy, and kindness with a major focus on employee engagement.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Build and nurture solid relationships with organization’s leaders by demonstrating an understanding of business strategies and challenges and being able to identify where human resources strategies can be leveraged.
- With the Strategic Management Team, develops and implements strategic Human Resources goals and direction. Uses and analyzes data to make decisions and presents to stakeholder’s trends that provide people related insights, which align to long term goals
- Cultivates effective relationships within the organization to have influence and impact on the culture and employee engagement.
- Develops and manages to the human resources budget.
- Hires, trains, and supervises Human Resources Department staff.
- Supports and supervises the Director of Talent Acquisition to ensure an effective strategy and programs are in place to meet the talent needs of the organization.
- Provides oversight regarding systems coordination with the Payroll Department to ensure an accurate and timely payment process.
- Develops and assures the implementation of employee compensation and benefit programs.
- Assures compliance with wage and hour laws.
- Periodically reviews compensation ranges for internal and market consistency; recommends range adjustments as needed.
- Manages merit and range adjustment raise processes.
- Periodically reviews benefit offerings, researches new benefit plans, makes recommendations regarding plan changes/additions and oversees the implementation of new or changed plan offering.
- Manages employee benefit broker relations and oversees the annual benefit insurance renewal process.
- Assures compliance with ERISA and other benefit compliance regulations. * Provides leadership and support to employee retention programs, including new hire and orientation processes, service recognition and spot awards for individual and group accomplishments.
- Provides internal expertise to and oversight of employee relations, assuring that human resources polices and best practices of human resources management are adhered to.
- Provides training to managers on matters relating to all aspects of employee relations, as needed.
- Provides expertise and advice to employee coaching, counseling and disciplinary processes as requested by executive team members; reviews all final warning and termination actions.
- Conducts exit interview, analyzes reasons for termination; reports on and develops action plans to address identified trends. * Assures compliance with all labor laws:
- Stays abreast of labor law changes.
- Implements new labor law requirements and educates the Human Resources Department staff and Pathways management to labor law changes as needed. * Assures compliance with Pathways Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Assures that managers are trained in and kept informed of human resources policies and procedures and pertinent labor laws and practices; assures regular updates of the Manager’s Handbook
- Assures that employees are informed of human resources policies and procedures.
- Assures the regular review and updating of the Human Resources Policies and Procedures manual. * Manages claims against Pathways arising from employment issues, researches and prepares responses to claims and interfaces with labor lawyers and/or regulatory entities as needed.
- Consults with Pathways leadership on organizational development, reorganizations and organizational change.
- Provides expertise in the development of job descriptions; participates in job audits and redesigns; assures that job descriptions are current.
- Assures and oversees the performance planning and review processes, including annual performance reviews, competency reviews, and remedial work plan development.
- Provides expertise and assistance to employee coaching, counseling and disciplinary processes as needed; reviews all final warning and termination actions.
- Develops and assures the implementation of employee safety programs:
- Assures establishment, implementation and periodic review of the Pathways Illness and Injury Prevention Plan
- Chairs the Employee Safety Committee
- Provides oversight of worker compensation claims management:
- Researches and negotiates worker compensation insurance carrier selection.
- Manages the annual policy renewal process.
- Meets regularly with Pathways Workers Compensation Coordinator to assure timely and effective handling of all claims to maximize return to work opportunities and to minimize litigation.
- Participates in periodic claims review with insurance carrier. * Assures completion of quarterly building safety inspections; oversees corrective actions as needed.
- Receives and assures action on reported worksite hazards.
- Prepares quarterly safety and risk managements reports; tracks and trends identified safety issues; incorporates findings into the Pathways safety program. * Manages business risk insurance policies, including general and professional liability, property, crime and directors and officers insurance.
- Leads broker selection process
- Leads annual policy renewal process.
- Coordinates responses to claims against Pathways with the insurance carriers * Assures licensure, regulatory and Joint Commission compliance on all matters relating to Human Resources, and Pathways office environmental safety.
- Bachelors’ degree in human resources, organizational development, or related field required. Masters degree preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressive Human Resources experience - broad knowledge and experience in employment, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- 3-5 years of management experience, management within healthcare field preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations, preferred.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide human resources programs that include benefits, compensation, employee engagement, strategic planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an effective representative of the organization’s human resources needs to the executive management team and influence leadership and direction.
- Knowledge of Federal and California labor laws
- Experience with ADP Payroll Solutions preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 10 years (Required)