Org Marketing Statement
ROUSH CleanTech, the latest company within the Roush family, focuses exclusively on alternative fuels and the promotion of clean transportation alternatives. Bringing 40 years of automotive expertise to the alternative fuels marketplace, our focus is on developing the most innovative and reliable alternative fuel solutions for Ford medium-duty vehicles and Blue Bird school buses.
By designing, engineering, manufacturing and assembling quality alternative fuel systems, ROUSH CleanTech offers a seamless operational experience while lowering a vehicle’s environmental impact and a fleet’s operating costs.
Department Marketing Statement
Roush CleanTech is looking for an Entry-Level Design Engineer to join our alternative fuels division. The ideal Design Engineer would be a hands-on individual, who has a passion for automotive performance and a strong desire to contribute to the growing industry of alternative fuels. This position requires an individual who excels at problem solving and who has the ability to lead engineering efforts within a cross-functional team. Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must. This position is based in Livonia, Michigan.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a co-op/intern within an automotive OEM or supplier or technical participation in FSAE competitions or equivalent professional engineering work experience
- Understanding of the design release and manufacturing processes
- Exposure or strong interest in powertrain systems and alternative fuels
- Strong hands-on ability to troubleshoot/diagnose automotive system issues
- Entry-Level Design Engineer must have strong problem-solving skills
- Experience collaborating effectively on cross-functional teams
- Must have excellent organizational skills including prioritizing multiple work assignments
- Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Entry-Level Design Engineer must have excellent computer skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license with safe driving record
- Prior experience as a technician, mechanic or personal hands-on vehicle restoration/modification