The San Diego Tourism Authority is a private, non-profit, mutual benefit corporation composed of approximately 900 member organizations, businesses, local governments, and individuals seeking a better community through the visitor industry. San Diego Tourism Authority (SDTA) members include tourism-related entities in such categories as lodging, dining, arts & attractions, shopping, and transportation, among others, as well as other companies indirectly involved in the visitor industry.
As a sales and marketing organization, the main objective of SDTA is to promote and market San Diego County as a vacation destination and convention site. SDTA also represents and supports the interests of the visitor industry as a whole.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Administrative Coordinator who will provide administrative support to the COO and the Marketing Division.
- Coordinate and handle COO’s daily calendar.Schedule all Division meetings, update meetings with President and Direct Reports, partner/member meetings, board meetings, conference calls, and media appointments.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the COO for attendance at meetings, seminars, and conferences to include: registration, transportation and lodging.
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for team members and industry partners.
- Assist with Marketing Division budget; make sure all deadlines are met by the marketing department directors/managers.
- Enter into Oracle vendor invoices requiring COO's approval.Prepare COO's expense reports.
- Assist COO with monitoring and managing incoming email and mail. Determine whether to forward, initiate execution, or delegate for action as appropriate.Help COO manage incoming calls, including calls from media. Coordinate communications, including taking calls, and responding to emails.
- Coordinate meetings, prepare meeting agendas, materials, send out meeting notices, and procure space arrangements and audiovisual equipment as needed.
- Coordinate staff conferences, meetings, appointments, workshops, training, and travel arrangements.Facilitate timely execution of department assignments and projects, including provision of pertinent materials for calendared appointments and events.
- Assist the COO in preparation of presentations to the Board, committee, community, and industry groups.
- Coordinate COO speaking presentation including, PowerPoint presentations and ensure proper audiovisual equipment is available.
- A minimum of five years of administrative support experience with two or more years supporting senior management or executives.
- Position requires superior organizational skills, attention to detail, initiative, intellectual curiosity, maturity and judgement.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office with advanced PowerPoint skills,
- Must have the ability to compose routine correspondence with little supervision.
- Proof reading skills are required.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with the public and industry related entities and individuals is required.
- Knowledge of marketing is desirable.
- Must be able to uphold a strict level of confidentiality and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits in a great environment. Upon conditional offer of employment, we conduct background checks.
Apply to submit an application and resume for this position at this URL.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 to $28.20 /hour
- Administrative Support: 5 years
- Administrative: 1 year