At St. Leonard, we are committed to ensuring our workplace is a warm setting where your skills and career can be nurtured and developed. We desire to create an environment for our staff to be fulfilled and satisfied.
St. Leonard is the third largest employer in the city of Centerville and was named one of the Healthiest Employers by the Dayton Business Journal. We have an opportunity for a Social Worker Designee to join our team of dedicated employees.
Essential Job Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of skills necessary to identify specific resident needs and provide appropriate services.
- Completes the social service portion of the MDS within 14 days of admission.
- Documents the social care component of the comprehensive care plan for each resident as identified by the interdisciplinary team within 7 days of completion of MDS.
- Participates in development of interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Meets with resident and/or family to gain information and insight to write social history and discharge plans.
- Participates in care conference as appropriate along with others on interdisciplinary team.
- Actively develops one on one relationships with residents and families as needed to be able to meet individual needs.
- Makes determinations regarding strengths, weaknesses and needs based on psychosocial assessments.
- Participates in resident/family activities designed to promote social interaction, reality orientation and intellectual stimulation.
- Documents all resident/family interactions, which would help other disciplines gain increased understanding of resident concerns/needs as appropriate.
- Is responsible for acting as a liaison with social, health and community agencies for appropriate referrals.
- Acts as an advocate for each resident and their rights, empowering them to be as independent as possible.
- Provides education and resources, as well as, support to residents, families and staff.
- Interacts effectively with disciplinary team.
- Actively takes a leadership role in teaching resident rights, abuse and confidentiality to new employees at facility orientation and education days.
- Complies with all educational in-service requirements mandated by St. Leonard, external accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Participates and takes a leadership role as needed in various activities with St. Leonard setting.
- High School Diploma, some college preferred not required.
- Previous experience with mature adults preferred.
Job Type: Part-time