TOGETHER WE ENTERTAIN MORE THAN 750,000 PASSENGERS A DAY WHILE IN-FLIGHT
Thales InFlyt Experience products offer end-to-end solutions that support our customers before, during and after the flight. Thales supplies in-flight entertainment and connectivity experiences to more than 60 airlines around the globe and as a trusted airline partner is committed to building its position as an industry leader. We are proud that our InFlyt Experience systems are used by over 274 million passengers a year.
We are currently looking for a Principal Sustaining Engineer to join the Thales Avionics, a subsidiary of Thales USA team in Irvine, CA.
The Principal Sustaining Engineer provides technical leadership to the Thales Product Sustaining team in addition to other tasks typical of the Product Sustaining engineering role. The Principal Product Sustaining Engineer will play a lead role for the team during product design initiatives and be responsible for providing technical support of existing IFE products. The support shall include failure analysis of the IFE systems, avionics, and electronic sub-assemblies for performance. The support shall also include support of production at contract manufacturer, product deployment, in-service operations, and development of repair methods and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates the ability to analytically define problems, develop solutions, and evaluate results and initiates corrective actions in support of his/her assigned products.
- Leads teams in analyzing problems, making recommendations and implementing solutions.
- Relies on extensive knowledge of related disciplines to assist in the application of principles, theories, and concepts; assures continuity of conceptual features.
- Brings technical solutions to other groups.
- Able to represent Thales when working with a customer on technical issues.
- Highly regarded for technical expertise and the ability to communicate issues.
- Successful at making decisions with incomplete or conflicting information.
- Identifies cause and effect relationships, assesses risk associated with different plans of action and generates plans that encompass multiple disciplines to mitigate the risks for the organization.
- Presents ideas effectively to internal and external personnel, even when not given time for preparation.
- Communicates positively with teammates and internal customers/suppliers (seen as a leader).
- Can internally justify or explain the rationale for a process or technical change.
- Fully understands issues/situations and can effectively represent team or company.
- Demonstrated results influencing external partners and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in electronics or avionics industry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Capable of interpreting mechanical and electrical wiring diagrams.
- Working knowledge of IPC Electronics standards.
- Basic comprehension of statistical principles.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.