This position is located in Kirkland, WA.
Blink Health ( https://www.blinkhealth.com/ ) is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions ( https://www.blinkhealth.com/about-home-delivery ), Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
What success looks like in this role:
The role of the Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for assisting with escalated technical issues, coaching/mentoring service desk technicians, engineer and implement solutions aligned with our strategic planning, and assist remotely or on-site across multiple offices. You will report to the Director of IT.
How to achieve success:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of "Good Giving" in mind. Here's how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution — Do your best work
- Expert of Windows technologies such as Active Directory, Intune, Azure, SQL, patch management, etc.
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of network architecture: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security, internal systems, cloud infrastructure, and networking infrastructure. Aruba/Palo Alto knowledge a plus!
- Intermediate understanding of macOS such as troubleshooting, patch management, JAMF, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Virtualization technologies such as VMware and Veeam.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, ConnectWise Control.
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications: PRTG, Grafana, ELK
Good Owner — Be the CEO of your role
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Work with IT leadership on projects, identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for all business units
- Document maintenance, internal information, how-to guides, keep up to date information for computer systems/network infrastructure, and internal processes.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Mentor and train service desk technicians to provide a guiding hand.
- Duties will be focused on System Administration engineering while providing backup support to your Network engineering counterparts.
- Supporting the local office with all technical issues, outages, and incidents.
Good Learning — Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
Good Feedback — Consider the perspectives of others
Desired qualities and experience:
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- 6-8 years of overall hands-on experience in Information Technology, supporting many different technology tracks.
- Demonstrated SME in three or more key job responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain a high level of customer service through good communication and can interact effectively with all levels of management, technical and non-technical (i.e. business users)
- Have excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Desire to learn new technologies and new ways
- Solid understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
- Adhere to all Blink Health values, processes, policies, standards and procedures
- Travel may be required 10-15% of the time
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
( https://www.blinkhealth.com/ )Blink Pharmacy App for Android
( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blinkhealth.blinkandroid&hl=en_US )Blink Pharmacy App for iOS ( https://apps.apple.com/us/app/blink-health-lowest-rx-prices/id998560520 )
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.