The Global Project Manager oversees the technical application design, construction and implementation of assigned accounts and projects on an enterprise-wide level. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of projects throughout the organization through effective planning, technical leadership, and strategic project coordination. The Project Manager is responsible for contributing to the overall direction and vision of the group objectives, and is viewed as a senior technical resource.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Collaborate with the business and IT to provide technical direction on systems analysis, design, development, testing and deployment
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution into production
- Facilitate peer reviews, design sessions, and architectural reviews
- Use technical know-how and experience to provide guidance for project development and stewardship
- Accountable for project timelines and communication
- Manage all aspects of the project including schedule, people resources, budget, and scope
- Participate in technical advisory roles as required
- Interact with customers at the technical level as required
- Ensure effective handoff to operations for ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures
- Create improvements and value through group objectives and goals
- Provide leadership for projects
Qualifications, Education Requirements and required skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred (or related years of experience)
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience handling global projects
- Expert in project methodologies a must
- PMP certification and IT background desired
- Demonstrated experience working within a PMO, including providing consultative skills in this space as well is highly desired.
- Global company experience with managing resources across time zones is highly desired as well.
- Demonstrated project experience with the following technologies - 2 years’ web application development, with .Net, C#, VFP and MS SQL and related web technologies.
- Experience in managing infrastructure projects including, telecommunications, data centers, VM’s, and networking within a hybrid environment on Windows and Unix platforms. Solutions in this space may be on-premises and off- premises.
- Experience with SDLC, ITIL and ITSM methods preferred. Exceptional technical writing and project documentation skills is are required.
- Exceptional in person and written communications must be demonstrated and is key for this role and required.
- Highly motivated, assertive self-starter that is goal-driven and detail-oriented
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Teamwork and result driven.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis abilities.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality – Strong attention-to-detail. Must have strong time management skills, the ability to multi-task and work at a fast pace. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Collects and researches data. Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Communication –Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification. Participates in meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Global Project Management: 6 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off