- Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years Amazon experience.
- 7+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- Prior experience with performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques.
- Prior experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and termination.
Our Site Leaders are responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives. The Site Leader is responsible for all aspects of operation or functions at the site.. Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Operations and Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center.
Additional Job Elements:
- Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed business plan.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of either Inbound or Outbound operations.
- Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT and other Sr. Operations Managers) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.