Balfour Beatty Communities is committed to delivering exceptional living experiences. The Resident Specialist is integral to meeting this objective, with responsibility for a wide variety of property marketing, sales and customer service activities. First impressions about our communities often start with our Resident Specialists—the community ambassadors creating buzz and excitement about the property and the exceptional living experience we deliver. In this sales role you will be working with prospects and applicants to help them find the very best home for their unique needs and guiding them through the application, leasing and move-in processes. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, sales-driven environment and have top-notch communications and a passion for customer service, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- Working with prospective residents to identify their needs and help them find the perfect home.
- Screening and approving qualified applicants in accordance with company policy, Fair Housing regulations and local laws; preparing leases and associated move-in documentation.
- Monitoring and managing the prospective resident waitlist.
- Inspecting the property on a regular basis to identify any deficiencies or issues that need to be addressed.
- Preparing property for daily showings, including opening/closing model units and amenities.
- Conducting pre-move-in home inspections to ensure units are ready for occupancy, as well as move-out inspections.
- Managing the new resident move-in process to ensure a smooth transition into the community.
- Delivering the highest level of resident satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive and professional interactions.
- Performing general administrative tasks such as software data entry, filing, typing, and answering phones.
- Answering phones and assisting with resident needs and inquiries.
- Attending and assisting with resident events and activities as required.
Who we're looking for
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma, experience working in an administrative/office environment and a positive, customer service orientation. Preference will be given to candidates with residential leasing experience, particularly in military housing. Candidates should have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office; experience with Yardi software is a plus. Possession of a valid, state-issued driver’s license and safe driving record is also required.
Benefits: Discretionary bonus, health/life insurance, retirement plan/401K contributions, paid time off, short-term disability, parental leave.
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
In this “new normal,” we’re committed to providing a safe working environment for every team member. We’ve implemented enhanced and more frequent cleaning protocols. Face masks/coverings are mandatory for our employees at all times.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location