At Linedata we believe finance matters to our society as much as energy to life and fueling financial transformation is vital for development and leadership. We humanize technology. We are passionate experts who provide the investment management and credit communities with innovative, user-friendly products which help their businesses grow in over 50 countries.
We employ more than 1300 employees representing 40 nationalities spread throughout our offices in 14 countries. We believe in mobility, diversity & team work.
Our mission is to continue to find new ways to create and build flexible, mission critical software and services and to stay on the cutting edge of the financial software space
As a member of the Corporate IT, NA department, the IT Support Specialist is responsible for supporting users and maintaining the corporate IT infrastructure.
- Maintain and troubleshoot end user computers.
- Provision and deploy desktops and laptops.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of user accounts.
- Administer Active Directory, Lync and Exchange platforms.
- Provide problem resolution of systems and networks for local and remote users.
- Assist with backup procedures for corporate servers.
- Help with DBA work for MS SQL Server and Sybase databases.
- Assist with hardware and software procurement and installation.
- Develop, document, and maintain standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Due to the global nature of Linedata's business and locations, local and international travel may be required on occasion.
- On occasion, there will be night and weekend work required for this role
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting technology environments. CCNA is a plus.
- Knowledge of operating platforms, connectivity, security, information storage, and cloud. Must be knowledgable of Microsoft products
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- Able to install servers and workstations.
- Attitude & Teamwork– Projecting confidence tempered with humility. Must be a team player willing both to steer the team towards success and to fully support the team when others are steering.
- Task Management – Organizing and prioritizing tasks. Managing time to maximize personal productivity. Estimating task duration and completing tasks when promised. Multi-tasking.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Making good decisions and solving problems while under pressure.
- Thinking Creatively — Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Recognizing there is a problem and informing the resources who can address the problem.