Happy Money is seeking an exceptional, motivated attorney to join our legal and compliance team. In this role, you will work closely with the Company's General Counsel to navigate the wide range of legal issues involved in growing Happy Money's business.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Assist with drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all manner of commercial contracts
- Work with the legal/compliance team to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
- Assist with general corporate hygiene
- Manage company contracts, policies & procedures
- Provide due diligence support for material transactions, vendor and partner relationships
- Monitor legal developments affecting the financial services industry
- Research business and legal issues as necessary
- Collaborate with teams across the company to help achieve company-wide goals
- JD from an accredited US law school with excellent academic credentials and references
- 2-4 years of general in-house experience ideally in the FinTech space. Currently eligible to practice in California
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Comfortable with a "hands-on" approach and balancing multiple, competing priorities. changes in scope/direction, all with a high sense of urgency
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Strong work ethic and careful attention to detail
- Excel at understanding complex legal topics and explaining them to non-attorneys in clear, concise, terms
- Passionate about tech, finance and the law
- Have a great attitude and are ready to hustle
- Willing to work on-site in our Costa Mesa, CA headquarters
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
About Happy Money
Happy Money is a financial services company seeking to blend content, psychology, and personal finance to help people lead happier lives. We believe in taking care of our employees, putting the customer first, having a sense of humor, and getting things done.
Perks & Benefits!
- Rich employee medical benefits offering, some paid 100% by Happy Money!
- Generous vacation policy
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that's your thing)
- Happy Money Hour – we love to mingle and enjoy great brews!
- Smart and FUN work environment