Summary: Retail Sales Associates (aka: Flooring Consultants) are required to sell floor-covering (carpet, hardwood, tile, vinyl, laminate, lvt, etc.) primarily to consumers coming into the store to shop for their personal residences/homes.
Responsibilities: Retail Sales Associates are responsible for greeting customers as they walk into the store, assisting them with product selection, sales, scheduling of measurements and installation, figuring of materials needed, collection of accounts receivable and overall customer service.
Skills: Retail Sales Associates must be outgoing, enjoy interacting with people, be good with color & fashion and have solid math and organization skills.
Other skills include:
* Strong salesmanship and relationship skills
* Effective Communication Skills (both verbal and written)
* Time-management skills
* The ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize
* The ability to effectively network and cultivate new business
* The ability to read blue-prints and do take-offs
Hours: Retail Sales Associates will be required to work some nights, weekends, and certain holidays.
High School Diploma
Must have driver's license and insurance
Flooring experience/ knowledge isn't required but a plus.
Compensation is based off a draw, plus commission. Depending on success of a Retail Sales Associates, compensation ranges from $30,000 - $75,000+ per year. There is no limit to your income potential.
Carpetland USA offers 401k and profit-sharing, as well as, health and dental insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $30,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- retail sales/customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- driver's license (Required)
- Store Discounts
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly