St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Infection Control Preventionist (ICP) participates in conducting and coordinating the infection control activities within the hospital. The ICP acts as a resource to and a liaison between patient care units, support services, medical staff, Infection Control Committee, Microbiology Lab, Hospital Administration, Network hospitals, and Public Health Departments.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts house wide surveillance, analysis and reporting of Hospital Acquired infections as established by the annual Infection Control Departmental goals and objectives.
2. Reports communicable diseases to the appropriate public health departments as required by statutes.
3. Acts as a resource/liaison to all customers on matters of Infection Control and epidemiology.
4. Functions as a professional role model, including, but not limited to proper handwashing technique and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
5. Implements appropriate infection control measures, prevention activities, and isolation precautions as necessary, directed toward preventing the spread of infection.
6. Institutes appropriate infection control measures deemed necessary when it is reasonably felt there is a danger to any patient, staff member, visitor, or the environment.
7. Participates in collecting, reporting, and benchmarking infections to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) .
8. Assists Employee Health Services in follow-up of employee exposures.
9. Enhances knowledge and professional development through participation in in-services and continuing education programs, reviewing current literature, and membership in the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC).
10. Participates in identifying departmental needs and supporting annual goals and objectives.
11. Develops and conducts infection control educational programs as needed.
12. Serves on appropriate committees, including, but not limited to, Infection Control Committee.
13. Maintains confidentiality of all material handled within the Network/Entity as well as the proper release of information.
14. Utilizes evidence based research to support and advance the practice of infection control and epidemiology.
15. Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
16. Maintains awareness of departmental budget.
17. Complies with Network, and departmental policies regarding issues of employee, patient and environmental safety and follows the appropriate reporting requirements.
18. Complies with Network, and departmental policies regarding dress code and attendance.
19. Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development, and communication appropriate to the age of the patient being treated.
20. Demonstrates/models the hospital’s core values & customer service behaviors in interactions with all customers (internal & external).
21. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
22. Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as appropriate: Clinical Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational System/Process, and Safety.
23. Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability through the effective and efficient use of resources in daily procedures, processes and practices
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.