We are seeking a Cook.
Part Time; Benefits Eligible
2nd shift, Must be available every other weekend
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The Cook assists the Chef team in the preparation of all food items made for patients, the cafeteria and catered events. Cooks are responsible for preparing food items according to standardized recipes and specifications, as they may be preparing foods for individuals on modified diets.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Prepare appropriate quantities of main entrees, vegetables and accompaniments.
- Utilize a variety of machinery for food preparation including mixers, food choppers, food processors, food grinder, scales, and slicing machines.
- Maintain sanitary standards of the kitchen area and equipment according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, and staff.
What Are We Looking For?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess these minimum qualifications and experience:
Advantageous capabilities and distinctions:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Two years’ professional cooking experience
- Effective verbal communicator
Your Benefits, Your Wellness:
- Previous cooking experience in a hospital/assisted living environment.
- Familiarity with personal computer and nutrition related software.
As an employer, Nationwide Children’s recognizes the importance of the benefits we offer. We also recognize the importance of balancing your work and personal needs. Our benefits and Employee Wellness package is designed to:
- Empower you to be a conscientious health care consumer through educational and wellness activities
- Establish a work environment that promotes health and well-being
- Support your financial protection and security in retirement
Most of our positions are benefits eligible from the first day of employment.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Walking/standing: Constantly (67-100%)
- Independently lifting up to 50 pounds: Frequently (34-66%)