Under direction provides administrative support services to the operations of the Student Services department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma and minimum five years secretarial experience required.
College coursework and/or three years office experience in a school district preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Organization and Operations
- Responsible for basic office functions, i.e. answers telephones, screens and directs phone calls to proper personnel, takes messages; maintains office equipment and supplies; submits service requests; accepts and distributes incoming mail and deliveries within the department; types, faxes and mails correspondence from department staff members as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Answers security buzzer for entrance into building as needed.
- Assists in keeping Student Services Director organized and focused on appointments, meetings and issues in the Special Services department.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of Special Services calendar of events.
- Maintains CPR training schedule.
- Processes Professional Leave requests for Special Education staff.
- Prepares Professional Development materials for meeting attendees; maintains evaluations.
- Prepares copies of agendas and materials for Team and Department Meetings.
- Schedules meetings, send invites, books rooms, arranges for catering; maintains calendar of conference rooms and Board Room for scheduling meetings.
- Serves as liaison with TAMES Health Resource Service to maintain quarterly Direct Service information.
- Maintains contracts with outside agencies for speech and/or OT services.
- Arranges for disposal of temporary special services student records as required by law.
- Assists with the completion and submission of all monthly, quarterly and year end reports.
- Maintains student Special Ed files.
- Processes requests for outgoing student records and processes and maintains related records.Arranges bus transportation for all Special Education students requiring special transportation needs per their IEP, and orders Special Ed buses for class field trips.Maintains monthly tuition and transportation costs for out of district Special Ed. students, as well as any additional fees involved in the educational process of any Special Ed student in the district.Places order, distributes and returns state testing materials (IAA, Access)
- Maintains attendance in Power School for all out-of-district placed Special Education students.
- Maintains roster of teachers and students in Fairbanks database.
- Maintains spreadsheet of Special Ed staff by building and discipline.
- Maintains checklists for special education student quarterly progress reports and annual reviews.
- Prepares nonpublic facility placement contracts for out-of-district students.
- Reviews bills, checks budgets for available money, obtains approval and generates purchase orders.
- Types and proofreads grants, obtains necessary signatures, meets mailing deadlines, distributes copies to necessary departments.
- Types budget, checks figures for accuracy, meets deadlines for sending to Business office, distributes copies to necessary personnel.
- Maintains updated balance of available funds for each budget line item for the Special Services department budget and all Special Education grants.
- Maintains and updates IePoint database for special education students and staff.
Performs other related duties as required
This is a full time, 8 hrs per day, 12 month position with full benefits.
Start Date: July 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Email To A Friend