Join us for....
YOUTH COUNSELOR JOB FAIR
When: THURSDAY, JANUARY 31, 2019, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Where: Hallmark Youthcare Lobby,12800 West Creek Parkway Richmond, VA 23238
We are currently looking for:
- FT & PT Youth Counselors
- All shifts (6a-2:30p, 2p-10:30p, 10p-6:30a)
- Competitive Base Pay
- Shift Differentials from $1-$2.75/hour
- 8 Hour Shifts
- Working with Great Colleagues
Additional Benefits for FT:
- Health/Vision/Dental Benefits
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K Match up to 5% of Pay
- Free Life Insurance
- Paid Days Off PLUS Extended Illness Days
Our Youth Counselors provide and ensure quality direct care to residents, assist in promoting and maintaining a safe, therapeutic unit milieu, assist residents with hygiene and personal care needs, and implement individual treatment plans as appropriate.
Minimum Education requirements- High School diploma or GED, Bachelors degree in a Human Services Field preferred, equivalent experience considered.
Minimum Work Experience
- One year of previous experience working with adolescents in a behavioral healthcare setting
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a stable environment and to provide guidance to children in the range of 11-17 years of age.
- Required Licenses/Certifications- Must be able to become certified in CPR, First Aid, AED and Handle With Care.
- A valid Virginia Driver's license in good standing is preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately. Ability to work well with others in a team setting and work well with a moderate level of direct supervision.
- Candidate must possess basic knowledge of adolescent development, child care principles and practices, positive peer culture, and mental health principles.
- Knowledge of basic psychiatric terminology preferred.
- Ability to develop healthy relationships with adolescents and consistently apply rules, expectations, and behavioral interventions
- Ability to attend and actively participate in treatment team meetings to: design treatment interventions, review resident progress, provide feedback for treatment planning, coordinate activities and daily living events for residents, and provide performance feedback to team members.
- Come Out, We Would Love to Meet & Discuss Your Qualifications!! OR
- CANT MAKE IT? SEND US YOUR RESUME FOR REVIEW.
EOE / Smoke & Drug Free Workplace
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- working with adolescents: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
Hours per week: