West Valley City
Discover is hiring! Our Customer Service Department is looking for 3rd Shift Customer Service Specialists.
We are currently hiring for Graveyard/3rd shift and the pay is $17.54 an hour!
Since Discover launched in 1986, we've made a business of redefining the credit card industry for the better. We were first to have no annual fee, first to offer cash rewards, first to provide 24/7 customer service, and we rank #1 in customer loyalty. As a Fortune 500 company, we strive to provide our employees with an environment where they can contribute in a way that is different from other large institutions. If you're looking for a place to make a difference and let your voice shine through, we'd love to meet you.
The 3rd Shift Customer Service Specialists will be responsible for providing best in class service by responding to Inbound inquiries concerning credit card transactions, products, services, fees, billing errors, payments, or any other cardholder related request . You'll have the opportunity to deliver a premium experience to our customers by promoting services, products, benefits and features of our card.
For our Customer Service Specialists benefits start DAY ONE
of employment. These include:
Positions Also known as:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid time off (20 personal days + 7 holidays per year)
- Tuition Reimbursement (available day 1 of employment!)
- 401K with company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan • Full service cafeteria featuring Starbucks
- Access to fitness center
- Opportunities to Volunteer in the community
- Development Groups and Training's
Customer Relationship Representative, Customer Service Specialist, Customer Service Representative, Customer Service Expert (Entry Level or Senior), Service to Usage, Senior Account Manager
Key Skills/ Qualifications:
- Obtains client information by answering telephone calls; interviewing clients and authorized users to verify information and identity.
- Listen to real needs of our customers and offer powerful solutions to get the job done the first time
- Review transactions, product services, and billing inquiries to nurture customer relationships on every interaction
- Deliver great customer service by responding to concerns regarding accounts in a fast paced, structured environment
- Produce extraordinary results measured by customer satisfaction, efficiency, and call quality
- Perform other duties assigned to you
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
This position is scheduled to start July 9, 2018. We have Full-Time (40 hrs.) 3rd/Overnight shifts available. The schedule is 10:00 pm - 6:30 am.
- Capable of building customer loyalty through listening, relationship building, and professional and persuasive communication skills
- Able to influence, creative problem solve, and find customized solutions
- Flexible and adapt to change well
- Able to navigate various computer applications, retrieving relevant information to respond to and service customer inquiries
- Able to efficiently multitask
Please note this position includes a nine (9) week paid training program where your attendance is mandatory.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process, providing documents or job listings in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please email us 2-3 available times and the best method to reach you: HireAccommodation@discover.com. Thank you!