Baker Hughes, a GE company is currently hiring a Drill Bits Application Engineer to be based in Houston, TX.
- Provides skilled level support for clients and internal sales organization.
- Plan wells and perform Hydraulics, BHA modeling, and WellCAD formation evaluation
- Investigates unusual or unsatisfactory product performance to determine root cause and preventative action
- Technical selling, key field product application analysis, well prognosis, and/or product performance
- Qualify customer objectives and needs
- Prepare and present solutions to customers
- Handles special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Suitable candidate should have 5+ years of engineering experience in Drilling, Bit Applications, or Field Engineering
- Thorough understanding of Well Planning, Drilling optimization, Formation Evaluation Tools and rig operations
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Position will require minimal regional travel
- Advanced problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Primary Location: North America-United States-Texas-HOUSTON