“ You are applying for work with a franchisee of Taco Bell, not Taco Bell Corp. or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.” Taco Bell Franchise: Desert De Oro Foods
DDO Foods Inc is looking for individuals wanting to GROW with our company. We do not want to be your next job, we want to be your career! Our company values work ethic and integrity. We support internal promotions and love to see our employees work their way up through the company. Not only do we have fast food restaurants, there are also opportunities in our IT Department and Maintenance Department.
Who is Desert De Oro Foods? DDO prides itself on having developed a culture of trust, loyalty and excellence. Additionally, the company places a strong emphasis on leadership development, managerial proficiency and operational excellence, which is consistently reflected in the recognition that DDO’s award winning management team receives. This combination of company culture and leadership focus has given DDO a significant advantage in operating restaurants and achieving sales growth even in the midst of an economic downturn. Continued growth and leadership development are the company goals.
Our Motto: “BE THE RESTAURANTS OUR GUESTS DESIRE, AND THE COMPANY OUR EMPLOYEES DESERVE.” ETHICAL…PASSIONATE…COMMITTED
What is “Live Más”? Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure the Shift Lead can represent the amazing Live Más! culture that is Taco Bell. At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you want to have fun serving great food to our customers, we would love to meet with you.
Job Role: Reporting to the Area Coach, the Restaurant General Manager manages a Taco Bell restaurant within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction and profit maximization. The RGM will perform hands-on work to train employees, respond to customer service needs, and model appropriate behaviors in the restaurant. This role provides overall leadership through building a culture of recognition while motivating the team with the goal of operational excellence.
Responsibilities and Accountability: Drives culture, problem solves, resolves conflicts, communicates and motivates to drive results through others. Recruit and equip high quality operators to deliver great customer experiences. Build a healthy and robust bench of developed and capable Managers and Team Members. Leads performance management process for all employees in their restaurant. Lead by example – be a culture champion and live by Taco Bell HUNGRY principles: Hungry, Understanding, Never Follow, Grateful, Relentless, and Youthful. Leverage culture and people capability to fuel brand performance. Provides leadership and coaching, developing Manager’s and Team Members. Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs. Ensure a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team. Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor and ordering food and supplies, to successfully fulfil the needs of a $500k - $2.0m restaurant with average daily transactions of 500-800. Ensure local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met. Drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in resolving serious customer issues and training managers to meet or exceed customer service standards. Utilizes insights from customer programs to help elevate the customer’s experience and meet Taco Bell’s customer satisfaction targets. Tracks, analyzes and identifies root causes of customer complaints and leads management team to implement systematic solutions, performance standards and to provide an objective basis for performance feedback. Builds SMART action plans to resolve issues in their restaurant. Monitors restaurant Speed with Service (SWS) performance and provides coaching to unit management teams to meet performance targets.
Grow the Brand, Sales and Profits: Control Profit & Loss by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions. Ensure maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a Preventative Maintenance Plan based on Company Standards. Reviews and prioritizes store capital expenditure requests and establishes common vendor relationships where scale can be leveraged. Ensures that facilities and equipment are maintained to Taco Bell standards; coordinates facility upgrades or equipment replacement. Analyzes sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and coaches on corrective action to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets. Works with management team to develop and deliver unit-specific Annual Operating Plans.
Attendance: Understands posted work schedule and reports to work as scheduled, on time, in uniform and ready to begin tasks. Provides appropriate notice when unable to be at work. Understands and uses approved time-keeping system, including accurately recording all hours worked.
Initiative and Energy: Takes action without being told, goes beyond what is simply required and maintains a high activity level.
Job Requirements and Essential Functions:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED, College or University Degree Preferred
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must pass a background check criteria
- 2-4 years of operational management experience in the Quick Service Restaurant industry or retail environment including Profit & Loss responsibility
- Basic business math and accounting skills to manage Profit & Loss in their restaurant and strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good oral/written communication skills and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with exceptional team building capability
- Strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Is passionate about providing excellence in execution of quality food, service, cleanliness and speed standards
- Is a Dynamic, energetic and positive leader, a self-starter, proactively driven to get things done and does the right thing for the business
- Provides leadership and coaching for each employee in their restaurant
- Demonstrated track record of workplace achievement in the selection, coaching and development of managerial employees
- Proven ability to drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction
- Able to stock shelves and coolers
- Able to clean the parking lot and surrounding grounds
- Able to sweep and mop floors
- Able to lift, carry out trash containers, and place in an outside bin
- Able to tolerate standing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs. and stooping during 80% of shift time.
This list of job duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay based on experience for an AGM to RGM: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Fast Food: 1 year (Required)
- Supervising: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location