Event Coordination/ Planning Assistant Spring Internship
The Spring 2019 Event Coordination Assistant will learn the ins and outs of the Event & Meeting Space Industry while working hands on with The Business Expo Center Team. Additionally, he or she will be working closely with the Event Coordinator to help with tasks and develop an understanding of the event coordination process.
This position is UNPAID and is for ACADEMIC CREDIT ONLY.
2017 Award winning Internship site, California State University, Fullerton
- Interns will gain hands on experience in the field of event coordinating
- Become comfortable working in a professional business environment
- Gain industry business knowledge while providing a valuable learning experience
- Letter of recommendation and Certificate of Completion upon satisfactory completion of the internship
- Networking opportunities with business professionals
- Intern will receive academic credit for this position
The Event Coordination Assistant will be assisting the Event Coordinator in preparation for events held at the Business Expo Center. Some of the tasks will include:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, promote, and facilitate various types of events.
- Confirming what is expected for the event from start to finish.
- Assisting in keeping facility "tour ready", setting the scene for incoming potential clients.
- Communicate and follow-up with clients to ensure event needs are met.
- Learn effective strategies in building strong client relationships.
- Pre & Post Event Data entry utilizing a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assisting in writing proposals.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University and pursuing a degree in Communications, Business Administration, Economics, Management, Event Planning, Hospitality & Tourism Management, or any related field.
- Taking the internship for Academic Credit
- Duration of internship: at least 3-4 months
- Must commit a minimum of 15 hours/week. (240 total hours preferred for a greater learning experience)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to multitask
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Well organized
- Good interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Good work ethic
- Willing to engage, learn, and have fun
- Quick learner
- Computer knowledge
The Business Expo Center is Orange County’s premier event venue and trade show producer, located in Anaheim, CA. We host events of most types including trade shows, meetings, conferences, training's, holiday parties, weddings, celebrations, Quinceaneras and more. Our fast growing venue provides a full service experience with on-site event planners, marketing services and preferred vendors that we partner with to create memorable events.
We are now expanding our internship program to provide hands on experience in a team environment creating, producing and marketing specific trade shows, expos, and special events.
*Positions are quickly filling up. Apply now!
Job Type: Internship